Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Villarreal Friendly

Not sure if they had the 3241 shape when building from the back in those clips:

B8iZzlm.png

You've just got Hamza here on his own, last season in this phase, you'd expect to see his midfield partner within 10 yards.

The position of the fullback on the other side suggests more of the shape that Spain recently used to build up, where the full backs hugged the touchline in the build up to make it hard for the counterpress as there's a lot of distance to cover. One to keep our eyes on...

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

Was Okoli number 5?

He looks like a right unit…..Hamza getting the ball taken off him (I know only pre-season) reminds me how annoying it is that he got such a long contract extension last season.

He really isn’t at the level we are aspiring for is he?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Was Okoli number 5?

He looks like a right unit…..Hamza getting the ball taken off him (I know only pre-season) reminds me how annoying it is that he got such a long contract extension last season.

He really isn’t at the level we are aspiring for is he?

Yeah Hamza should be a squad player at best to try and steady it with 10 to go. No more!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

The 3241 rumours was just @RedSoxUK who is absolutely obsessed with inverted full backs to the point of lunacy. 

I went to a game with him last season where he used the salt and pepper pots in Wetherspoon to demonstrate how Hamza should move into the midfield. I had to look for a fire exit.

Check the tactics thread, they did start that way, and from the little footage on show, there are times where they did that.

The game on Tuesday will answer more of our questions. This game was for fitness, for Stephy's gol, he was playing striker and JJ left winger!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Ah, Coady is our new Wayne Brown then, given he clearly blacked up

And I know N’didi has long legs, but **** me, how has he managed to score a tap in OG from outside the penalty area…..

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Phenom said:

It’s hard to tell from just highlights but the style of play definitely seems different than last year. Let’s hope for the best…

It seemed notable to me in the clips that instead of attacking with 5, we attacked with 3. It also looked more like playing on the break and faster vertical transitions.

However, we did play like that at times last season too, specifically on the counter attack and against teams that had more possesion than us, like Southampton.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It seemed notable to me in the clips that instead of attacking with 5, we attacked with 3. It also looked more like playing on the break and faster vertical transitions.

However, we did play like that at times last season too, specifically on the counter attack and against teams that had more possesion than us, like Southampton.

Feels a more sensible way to approach PL then trying to dominate possession.

• Like 2