Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mazarron fox

Game pass

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

Am I right in saying they want £10 to watch Shrewsbury tonight? If so this is a piss take. For comparison my team here in Spain who have just been promoted to the Spanish 3rd division. They want 50€ for a season ticket and 70€ inc a shirt wtf has happened in the UK?

Add to this the stream will probably not even work/ have technical issues and people will be chasing refunds no doubt. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Annoying part is… they can’t blame anyone else.

It’s the clubs friendly, they have the rights. They could put it on for free if they wanted.

imo they’d make more money putting it on for £2 as more people would buy it. I honestly doubt there’s one person on this planet interested in spending £10 on a Shewsbury Town friendly.

One thing I can guarantee is they will be refunding those £10 as the stream won’t work.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Annoying part is… they can’t blame anyone else.

It’s the clubs friendly, they have the rights. They could put it on for free if they wanted.

imo they’d make more money putting it on for £2 as more people would buy it. I honestly doubt there’s one person on this planet interested in spending £10 on a Shewsbury Town friendly.

Completely agree.

I bet some oddballs will cough up the cash, though.

The club will probably make about a grand out of it. 

Surely it would be better for them to have it available for free (or a couple of quid, like you said) and not look like arseholes?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

One thing I can guarantee is they will be refunding those £10 as the stream won’t work.

I can guarantee you that they won’t.

They’ll blank your emails and eventually reply at the end of the season “gifting” you £5 in the club shop for the “inconvenience”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, niyaminski said:

I can guarantee you that they won’t.

They’ll blank your emails and eventually reply at the end of the season “gifting” you £5 in the club shop for the “inconvenience”

Yes that’s more likely 

I live in Spain so if I want to see the matches other than on the back of my sons membership I buy corporate tickets for me and my 2 sons. A typical match  v Everton for example was around £440- £490 for 3 tickets padded seat half time refreshments meal programme, ex players, ok lots but wanted to see my beloved team.

Now I’ve just checked for the Villa game they want £390 a ticket ! Sorry that’s me done.

• Like 1

put it on for free and get sponsorship for it! 

Charge companies to have some adverts on during half time and they would make a hell of a lot more than ripping another £10 out of the fans hands. 

There is app that has a similar name to one of our CB's that is back up and running where i am sure you will find it if you look for it.  

48 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Charge companies to have some adverts on during half time and they would make a hell of a lot more than ripping another £10 out of the fans hands. 

There is app that has a similar name to one of our CB's that is back up and running where i am sure you will find it if you look for it.  

I imagine it will be full of some weird Thai adverts anyway.

• Like 1

I believe several EPL Teams charge the same.  So the Club are not the path-finders on this initiative as bad as it seems. I live outside of Starmer's Kingdom and will pay and pray the stream works. 

4 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Am I right in saying they want £10 to watch Shrewsbury tonight? If so this is a piss take. For comparison my team here in Spain who have just been promoted to the Spanish 3rd division. They want 50€ for a season ticket and 70€ inc a shirt wtf has happened in the UK?

tbf i was shocked when i went to watch my spanish team a few years back (not one of the big boys) and it was 50 euro for a ticket...they were playing Barcelona but the locals said that didn't matter.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

It took me too long to get this...

I was sat her going "who thought naming their app Vestergard was a good idea?"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I believe several EPL Teams charge the same.  So the Club are not the path-finders on this initiative as bad as it seems. I live outside of Starmer's Kingdom and will pay and pray the stream works. 

You're obviously free to do with your money as you wish, but if I was to advise you to not be a mug over something, it would be this.

• Like 1

Monetising everything is a sad fact of modern life, but TEN of the King's pounds?

For a pre-season game at Shrewsbury?

With Ward in goal?

Seems like a misjudgement of the value, or a pisstake.

Not great.