Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Daley and Williams :appl:

Watching the coverage anyone would think its just Tom Daley on his own in the synchronised diving!:ph34r:. Well done Tom. It was To +1

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

When’s the men’s skateboarding on?

Maybe it's just me but is the skateboarding in the olympics really lame?  I watched tonnes of skateboarding videos back in the 90's and what they did was almost super human, the bit I've seen of it in the olympics you could get some lad down the road to do.....maybe I'm being a little harsh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Maybe it's just me but is the skateboarding in the olympics really lame?  I watched tonnes of skateboarding videos back in the 90's and what they did was almost super human, the bit I've seen of it in the olympics you could get some lad down the road to do.....maybe I'm being a little harsh?

In skate videos they’re doing multiple takes before they land the trick perfectly so comparing that to the olympics is maybe a little bit unfair 

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

In skate videos they’re doing multiple takes before they land the trick perfectly so comparing that to the olympics is maybe a little bit unfair 

True in some cases, but there are scenes which are filmed without edits just freestyling for a long time which are just mind blowing.  But i guess thats different to the pressure of the olympics.

53 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

True in some cases, but there are scenes which are filmed without edits just freestyling for a long time which are just mind blowing.  But i guess thats different to the pressure of the olympics.

On the one hand it is a matter of risk/reward, but on the other, I think it's also a sign of 'immaturity' as an Olympic sport atm - 'standards' will always improve over time, and this hasn't been around for long, yet.

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

This is an unreal ride from Pidcock to close the gap from 41s to 17s with two laps to go after a puncture, mad if he can maintain this.

He's having a hell of a race. Unbelievable to close it back that quickly, last lap is going to be intense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MonarchFox said:

Amazing ride by Pidcock.  One of the best sports people we have.

Just as thrilling as his TDF stage win last year

I’d argue that’s the hardest fought gold medal we’ll see. Incredible stuff. 

Edited by Lionator