Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

17 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

we lost to the USA in the Women's Rugby 7's 17-7 :( 

4 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Not going our way in the boxing ring is it? :( 

You are obviously bad luck, stop watching

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

BBC getting a lot of stick for something that is out of their hands .

Proving to be good on bikes and in water again .

Sadly not a new phenomenon that.

Good day for GB so far though.

• Like 1

Outstanding heats in the surfing (I'm an expert now having watched it for an hour). I hope the BBC show some of the highlights because it's one hell of a sport when the sea is as big as this.

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

I’d argue that’s the hardest fought gold medal we’ll see. Incredible stuff. 

Agreed, comfortably the best in the field. Victor had the legs but pidcock had the race craft, was insane. Best bike handler in MTB if not cycling all together.  Great to hear a crowd boo a Brit. Fvck em!! Love it 😊 

2 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

They should dope test all the French I'm sure frogs legs will make you go faster

Doesnt really matter as they usually surrender the lead anyway

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

Why did they think doing it in a river was the best idea? Even at London we did it in a lake in Hyde Park. 

Does it have to be a lake or river? Why couldn't they have used a coastal location and just do it there? They sent the surfers to the other side of the world and the sailing in Marseille.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/articles/c4ngjz32j4do 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Why did they think doing it in a river was the best idea? Even at London we did it in a lake in Hyde Park. 

Does it have to be a lake or river? Why couldn't they have used a coastal location and just do it there? They sent the surfers to the other side of the world and the sailing in Marseille.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/articles/c4ngjz32j4do 

Nothing beats swimming in 2 million Parisiennes shit, sums up Paris perfectly for me. Maybe they thought the frogs would be used to it so would win Gold (or brown)

Edited by Trent Steel

On 23/07/2024 at 15:56, Dr Marco said:

I am going to the Olympics next week

Going to see athletics, basket-ball, beach volley ball and handball

I blew some of the kids inheritance this weekend in the excitement for a couple of events on the last weekend.

Does anybody know the best approach in tickets for the metro?  Do you get travel included with your ticket, do you have to buy them separately, cheapest deal etc?  Any intel gratefully accepted.

19 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

I blew some of the kids inheritance this weekend in the excitement for a couple of events on the last weekend.

Does anybody know the best approach in tickets for the metro?  Do you get travel included with your ticket, do you have to buy them separately, cheapest deal etc?  Any intel gratefully accepted.

a single fare ticket is very expensive (4 euros), I'll suggest you to buy a pass, you can get it on your phone by downloading the official Paris 2024 transports app

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Nalis said:

Claire Balding is absolute cringe sometimes

Should have Sam Quek.

yeah shes a scouser but she's fit as feck.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Canada will play for gold in women's rugby sevens after upsetting Australia 21-12 in semifinal action at the Paris Olympics on Tuesday.

:thumbup:

Crikey mate! Well done ladies!

• Like 1