Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Put the 20km walking on this morning. This is still slower and shorter than the walk to the average Wetherspoons toilet.

It’s mental though because they get it done in around 85-90 minutes which is way faster than your average person could run similar distance. 

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It’s mental though because they get it done in around 85-90 minutes which is way faster than your average person could run similar distance. 

Yeah it's crazy. As funny as it looks it's impressive. The discipline to not break into a run in amazing too. Don't they have to have one foot on the floor at all times?

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Looks like another medal .

Bronze ?

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Yes, bronze for the Men's 4.

Piss poor start cost them a better medal there, but not a bad result.

How many more rowing events are there? That and the cycling might be good chances to boost the medal count more.

51 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Piss poor start cost them a better medal there, but not a bad result.

How many more rowing events are there? That and the cycling might be good chances to boost the medal count more.

8 more so hopefully more medals .

Unsurprisingly this is casing a lot of controversy.

https://x.com/lara_e_brown/status/1818960147965780001/photo/1

16 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Unfortunately it's the USA's Fritz & Paul in the QF for Murray & Evans. That's going to be a really tough ask.

Yeah I would usually say no chance, but this is murray.

So I'll say no chance.

31 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Which one looks like a woman and which one looks like a man.....Italian boxes quits after 45seconds after a hit by powerful blows by the Algerian. Legalised beating of a woman live on TV.....you couldn't make it up!

FB_IMG_1722514668484.jpg

Khelif, who failed a testosterone test at last year's World Championships, was allowed to compete despite being banned from a gold-medal bout in Delhi by the International Boxing Association.

How the feck was she/they them  even allowed to compete in the Olympics? farcical

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Which one looks like a woman and which one looks like a man.....Italian boxes quits after 45seconds after a hit by powerful blows by the Algerian. Legalised beating of a woman live on TV.....you couldn't make it up!

FB_IMG_1722514668484.jpg

What does it matter what they look like? Fatima Whitbread has masculine features, doesn’t mean she’s a bloke does it? 

Maybe the IOC screwed up and maybe the Italian just got beaten by a better boxer. They’re in the same weight category so it’s hardly like they’ve put a heavyweight in with a lightweight. 

People are just jumping on it because they’re raging transphobes. Yes it’s complicated but people are just plain rude.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

What does it matter what they look like? Fatima Whitbread has masculine features, doesn’t mean she’s a bloke does it? 

Maybe the IOC screwed up and maybe the Italian just got beaten by a better boxer. They’re in the same weight category so it’s hardly like they’ve put a heavyweight in with a lightweight. 

People are just jumping on it because they’re raging transphobes. Yes it’s complicated but people are just plain rude.

Or maybe as stated above its because one boxer actually FAILED a testosterone test in their sports governing body and was banned  by the International Boxing Association?

But hey don't let facts get in the way of you trying to get some goody points hey!!!:thumbup:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

Or maybe as stated above its because one boxer actually FAILED a testosterone test in their sports governing body and was banned  by the International Boxing Association?

But hey don't let facts get in the way of you trying to get some goody points hey!!!:thumbup:

I literally said the IOC screwed up. I’m talking about the horrible personal attacks that this poor Algerian woman has to go through, through no fault of her own. 

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I literally said the IOC screwed up. I’m talking about the horrible personal attacks that this poor Algerian woman has to go through, through no fault of her own. 

Sorry but im not sure about the comment "maybe the Italian just got beaten by a better boxer"

Beaten by a boxer who shouldn't even be in the games more like.

Anyway, i think we are more or less on the same path,(For foxestalk anyway!)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Are you quite sure about that?

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Are you quite sure about that?

Oh no you didn't did you!!

(Glad it was you.........takes cover!!!)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

christ this power walking nonsense is the most boring thing i've watched at the olympics so far

I think I saw a bloke do the CR7 celebration when he won earlier, it was early this morning and my eyes might of been playing tricks on me but I'm pretty sure he did, really weird.

• Haha 1