Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

26 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Maybe I am completely daft. But does it say how  the athletes were tested? It says they did not do the Testosterone test, which is basically the gold standard. I read that they did a "separate and confidential test." What was the methodology? Is the basis of testing supported by science?

Perhaps if the organization was trustworthy, we could just take them at their word, but as mentioned previously they had been stripped by the IOC based on issues governing the sport of boxing, and ethics complaints:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/65987324

"The IOC's executive board recommended the move earlier in June after the IBA failed to meet set reforms following its 2019 suspension over governance issues and alleged corruption. Of 70 valid votes on Thursday, 69 voted in favour of the recommendation."

"Before the vote, IOC president Thomas Bach said: "We do not have a problem with boxing. We do not have a problem with boxers.

"The boxers fully deserve to be governed by an international federation with integrity and transparency."

In response, the Russian-led IBA accused the IOC of making a "tremendous error" and compared the move to Germany's actions in the Second World War."

To me, this reads as a shady organization in the IBA trying to garner anti-trans outrage to lash out at the IOC, for stripping them of the right to govern Olympic boxing. 

Maybe Robert Huth did the testing…

33 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Gymnastics was entertaining over the last few days actually really loving watching all sports you don’t see normally 

I watched the mens mountain biking when Tom Pidcock won, never really liked any cycling but was an awesome race and entertaining...

I watched some of the Judo but still dont get it.... womens beach volleyball was awesome!

Edited by Trent Steel

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Murray and Evans look doomed. But Murray just doesn't want to leave tennis!

Yeah its game over for them,  shame as they fought back in both their last games, cant see them doing it again now

you've made me watch it now............

Edited by Trent Steel

Murray has had a great career but all things come to an end. He's been in tennis through an era of Federrer, Nadal and Djokovic which was extremely tough for him but he got his wish to win Wimbledon. Suffered in his later career with injuries but has been an inspiration for British tennis.

• Like 4

On 31/07/2024 at 13:04, leicsmac said:

Can anyone make sense of some of the judging decisions involving GB boxers today?

Watch this reserved opinion on amateur boxing judging

3 hours ago, Trent Steel said:

when does the track & field start ?  might have to get daley thompsons decathlon out on the emulator to get in the mood for it!

Tomorrow. Decathlon is first up. 

i might be a bit late on this , that womens boxing thing is a farce

i take it imane khelif is a bloke ?  and he/she broke that real womans nose in 46 seconds ?

am i getting that right ? no wonder she pulled out, nothing like being PC right?

Edited by Trent Steel