Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Can't wait for the Athletics. 

All the others are great to watch, especially  loved the bmx ing but this is the real deal.

Ended up watching the M 10.000m final and it was enthralling. Never thought I'd feel that way for such a long running distance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Immediate disqualification from one false start seems a bit harsh. Have to feel sorry for the young lad in the 100m just now. 

Do you remember the days of every other race having 1-3 false starts?

Was frustrating for all involved. It's been a rule that's been around for a long time now and on the whole, I think it's fair.

Do have sympathy for the guy though.

The BBC updates have just posted a comment on the men's road race, they've just left the city and have 260km to go. 260km! F@&k that. Jesus, that's a long ride. I mean, that's the best part of 3 hours in the car. If we do a foxestalk Olympics, don't put me in for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The BBC updates have just posted a comment on the men's road race, they've just left the city and have 260km to go. 260km! F@&k that. Jesus, that's a long ride. I mean, that's the best part of 3 hours in the car. If we do a foxestalk Olympics, don't put me in for that. 

I remember when I worked in the bookies and the Tour De France used to be the only entertainment through the summer days. 6 odd hours it will take them and a lot of the coverage is them showing you all the nice things on the side of the road or lovely landmarks. 

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

GB disqualified in the 100m. False start by 0.073 seconds. 

The commentator said there's leeway of 0.1s? 

Then just said he's within the permitted time, yet he's still been disqualified. 

Edited by StanSP

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The commentator said there's leeway of 0.1s? 

Then just said he's within the permitted time, yet he's still been disqualified. 

It's a false start if they go within 0.1 of the gun sounding - its based on science that its impossible for thre human body to react within 0.1 seconds, so they deemed to be predicting when the gun will go off - Linford Christie got disqualified under this rule in the 1996 Olympic final as defending champion (:

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I hear the football between France and Argentina ended in handbags. Shame football seems to let down the idea of mutual sportsmanship 

I don't believe football has a place at the Olympics. I know most of the athletes are professional these days but the footballers, golf and tennis et al, are in another league of professional to the folks competing in the rowing and gymnastics etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I don't believe football has a place at the Olympics. I know most of the athletes are professional these days but the footballers, golf and tennis et al, are in another league of professional to the folks competing in the rowing and gymnastics etc. 

Tend to agree

7 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Let's face it - the Olympics isn't a major event for golf, football or tennis, and it sort of shows. I love the camaraderie and the shear joy you get from so many of the competitors in the other sports. 

• Like 1