Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

I don’t know if anyone was following the 4x 400m mixed raced ( 2 women and 2 men on each team) but I’ve found it enthralling. Great finish tonight by the Dutch.. I like the mixed format and wish we Had more of  them

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Another silver that could perhaps have been one better.

Down to Bronze.

“There has been some confusion around the result of the photo finish between Great Britain and the United States

The results have switched - the USA take silver, and GB claim bronze.”

Did anyone see the ending of the high jump ?

Having failed twice at 1.98, why didn’t the Aussie girl put the bar to 2.02 for her third attempt ? If she’d made 2.00 then she would have lost on count back anyway because her opponent cleared 2.00 first attempt..  And she was already assured of silver.   As it happens she cleared 2.00 with a couple cms to spare so would have likely cleared 2.02.  Both girls then failed to clear above 2.00 

seemed v odd to me 

I hadn't seen this mentioned until today, the USA had previously been quite vocal and Adam Peaty mentioned it post race. Two of the Chinese lads who won the relay yesterday had previously been found to have failed drugs tests. The China Anti Doping Agency didn't ban them as, it was deemed they'd ingested the substances accidentally. 

Not sure about anyone else but, I'm always doing that :ph34r:

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Did anyone see the ending of the high jump ?

Having failed twice at 1.98, why didn’t the Aussie girl put the bar to 2.02 for her third attempt ? If she’d made 2.00 then she would have lost on count back anyway because her opponent cleared 2.00 first attempt..  And she was already assured of silver.   As it happens she cleared 2.00 with a couple cms to spare so would have likely cleared 2.02.  Both girls then failed to clear above 2.00 

seemed v odd to me 

Possibly she felt she had a better chance of clearing 2.02 with 3 fresh attempts if she cleared 2.00 first - the wrong call in hindsight, although the Ukrainian athlete may have approached her last attempt at 2.02 differently if she didn't already have the gold in medal in the bag

Big surprise in the hockey as Australia lose to China 3/2.

Molly Caudery out of the pole vault - was a big medal hope too .

She did an interview saying how she was going to be more exciting than  the footballers were .

Opps…

Edited by Super_horns

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Big surprise in the hockey as Australia lose to China 3/2.

Molly Caudery out of the pole vault - was a big medal hope too .

She did an interview saying how she was going to be more exciting than  the footballers were .

Opps…

A lesson that have to turn up when it really matters

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

I felt it was safe to watch the men's 100m since we didn't have anyone in it ;) :( 

Are you thinking of giving the football a miss this season? We're going to need all the help we can get....

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

@ealingfox I only saw the headline, and a couple of sentences about it. Haven't actually watched it so wasn't sure what was funny about the post lol

The idea of someone failing because of such hubris was what I found amusing.