Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

She doesn’t seem very happy 

the Americans and Alfred look a class apart 

Since her injuries at the last Olympics she hasn't been on the upward trajectory she always had, also just seems way more unhappy about the current output of her career, she was right up there in the 200m and at least always a finalist in the 100m.  It ALWAYS about the times, and I don't think she has gone sub 22.2 this year, all medallists will be sub 22, so don't think Neita will get there either.  Dina might find something BUT none of the runs in Paris have pointed to that.  Its a shame, as she'll be on the downward run in LA if she gets that far at 32.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone seen any of the 3 x 3 basketball - found myself quite enjoying watching SPA v GER last night

Think that encapsulates the Olympics, stuff we just wouldn't or couldn't watch on Eurosport or TNT (Sky's just Football, Cricket, Darts & RL etc.)  But some of these events are just brilliant to watch.

The Canoe cross, absolute madness but brilliant AND I'm sorry every single one of them is the opportunity to get Daleys' "big G boys".  Look at how happy the GB quartet was in the track mixed 4 x 400m relay & the effort & run that Bol made at the end.  Imagine her mindset now in the 400MH, she already has one gold.

Just absolutely love it all, and a cheery uplifting reflection on humanity during the current sad issues on the streets of the UK.

• Like 3

Gymnastics is one of those olympic sports where there are too many events and medals up for grabs, though it's not as bad as swimming.

Might be one for the unpopular opinion thread but a double gold in atheltics is worth far more than 4 golds in the above.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Gymnastics is one of those olympic sports where there are too many events and medals up for grabs, though it's not as bad as swimming.

Might be one for the unpopular opinion thread but a double gold in atheltics is worth far more than 4 golds in the above.

Yeah that's true. It is spectacular to watch though which may be part of it

Swimming is the worst culprit as you rightly say

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That was what I saw that made me post that.

I hadn't seen her in action before these games and safe to say while being amazed by how talented she is, her attitude is awful and sets a terrible example for young kids idolising Her, and this will make me want to see her fail going forward.

As an aside, that insincere facade of bowing down on the podium to the lady who beat her in the floor routine is one of the clearest displays of narcissism you could ever see.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

46 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I hadn't seen her in action before these games and safe to say while being amazed by how talented she is, her attitude is awful and sets a terrible example for young kids idolising Her, and this will make me want to see her fail going forward.

As an aside, that insincere facade of bowing down on the podium to the lady who beat her in the floor routine is one of the clearest displays of narcissism you could ever see.

While I agree with this, again I don't really see her as much worse as other athletes and sportspeople who have become the very greatest at their chosen sphere. There seems to be a pretty even split between humility and egotism at the very top, from what I can tell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

While I agree with this, again I don't really see her as much worse as other athletes and sportspeople who have become the very greatest at their chosen sphere. There seems to be a pretty even split between humility and egotism at the very top, from what I can tell.

Ronaldo, McGregor, AJ, Fury, Djokovic, KyriosZlatan, Ali, Hamed, Max V, Hamilton, Ronnie Sullivan,  LOADS of cocky arrogant sportspeople- its what makes them tick

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

Ronaldo, McGregor, AJ, Fury, Djokovic, KyriosZlatan, Ali, Hamed, Max V, Hamilton, Ronnie Sullivan,  LOADS of cocky arrogant sportspeople- its what makes them tick

Agree with this too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Yep.

And then you have Farah, Hoy, Daley, Kane and many others on the flip side of the ego coin despite reaching the very top themselves.

It's a real duality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raj said:

You need to be focused and determined, as well as a  bit selfish and self centred to make it as a successful sportsperson. The comments about female sportspeople on this forum  are let's face it sexist and misogynistic and something male sportspeople don't have to put up with. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

Sky Brown wins Bronze in the women's  park skateboarding. Not bad for a sixteen year old. 

She also won bronze in Tokyo, at just 13!!

The Chinese girl who was also competing today was only 11. 11!!

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Let's be honest, anyone skateboarding at over the age of 17 needs to have a serious word with themselves.

We've got a skateboarder who's 50. Which I thought did think seemed a bit old when I read that this morning. 

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We've got a skateboarder who's 50. Which I thought did think seemed a bit old when I read that this morning. 

I think most skateboarders eventually look to graduate into surfing or even snowboarding. Sky Brown tried to qualify for this Olympics in the surfing, but failed, so ended up going back to the skateboarding.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

This is true but its still impressive to be the best at different distances and strokes. I under appreciate how far some of the swimmers go.

Incredible amount of training too.

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Yeah I think they’re dickheads as well haha. Suppose you love them or hate them. Obviously all world class though 👍