Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

Correct, as previous posts point out, he is staying with other athletes in the village who are also at their 'woodstock' - potentially once in a lifetime chance to define your career/life. if they get seriously taken down by his illness...

Unpopular opinion incoming - less concerned about him passing it onto Marc Deschamps or Celine Agathe in the crowd or media room. there's loads of covid going around now, if you're a spectator at these events, you take that risk. And the consequence to them is nowhere near as brutal as to an elite athlete. 

7 minutes ago, Libertine said:

3-1 Spain in the men's football final already.

You tune into the gold medal match and expect something like a Euros final --

but quickly realize it's mostly a U23s tournament, just with higher stakes.  Fun to watch, but half the players barely have a clue yet.

Horror show from both keepers ... but the French GK is only 19.

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

How is anyone supposed to know what is going on with this cycling event? Was hard enough as an individual race, now they are in pairs :blink:

One of the commentators was explaining it earlier. Very briefly and very quickly, I could barely keep up lol

Something about one of the pair racing and the other resting, and there's a blue line they have to stay behind and after X amount of laps they usher in their partner to take on the racing. Then they get extra points for lapping someone I think? Quite complicated to keep up with! 

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

One of the commentators was explaining it earlier. Very briefly and very quickly, I could barely keep up lol

Something about one of the pair racing and the other resting, and there's a blue line they have to stay behind and after X amount of laps they usher in their partner to take on the racing. Then they get extra points for lapping someone I think? Quite complicated to keep up with! 

Excellent. I think that's clear now..... not lol

• Haha 1