Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EastAnglianFox

Paris Olympic Games 2024

The USA gymnast, Jordan Chiles who's team appealed her score in the floor event, which was upheld and she received the bronze medal. A further inquiry has taken place and it seems the team filed it too late,  by 4 seconds. 

I thought our 14 second cock up was bad!

Unsurprisingly, the US are counter appealing.

What a shambles. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you think any of these weightlifting girls could play no 9 as a plan B ??

Sign 11 of them and stick them on the goalline to guarantee 38 points, better chance than the current squad.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did we win the first cycling gold on offer and then nada ???

Pretty much.

Team GB made me look like a right chump on this one tbh - been so dominant in the velodrome in recent times and I thought they would be again, this time though the rest of the world has caught up or they've simply been poor.

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Pretty much.

Team GB made me look like a right chump on this one tbh - been so dominant in the velodrome in recent times and I thought they would be again, this time though the rest of the world has caught up or they've simply been poor.

Have won 1 more medal here than we did in Tokyo albeit with 2 less Gold.

Would have fancied us for at least another Gold but given we've not had Katie Archibald and Laura and Jason Kenny I don't think its been a bad effort

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Have won 1 more medal here than we did in Tokyo albeit with 2 less Gold.

Would have fancied us for at least another Gold but given we've not had Katie Archibald and Laura and Jason Kenny I don't think its been a bad effort

Our total medal count is superb, more than meeting expectations. There's just not enough top step among them.

53 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Almost half our medals are bronze medals (29/65), by far the highest proportion amongst the top nations. I just don't think we have the winning mentality that other nations do.

That is a bit unfair I think. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

That is a bit unfair I think. 

I'll have forgotten all of our silver and bronze medallists by next week. The only British performance from this Olympics that will last long in the memory for me will be Keely Hodgkinson's (and maybe Yee and Pidcock too). You make think that harsh, but it's true.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

The Water Polo, always reminds me of my college Leisure & Rec days. Our usual swim / lifeguard training session at St Margaret’s main pool had been cancelled due to an event, instead we lined up at the side of the smaller training pool. “Today we’ll be playing Water Polo” said the Lecturer. I took one look at the ladders down to the water and asked “How do we get the f***ing horses in” in a trigger-esque tone! 

Just enjoy any medal, many countries get fook all or none. If Russia was in the games everyone would have less.

Proud of any Canadian whether they medal or not.  Hard to win when  the world's best are against one another.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Just enjoy any medal, many countries get fook all or none. If Russia was in the games everyone would have less.

Proud of any Canadian whether they medal or not.  Hard to win when  the world's best are against one another.

Well said, Team GB only got 1 gold at Atlanta. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'll have forgotten all of our silver and bronze medallists by next week. The only British performance from this Olympics that will last long in the memory for me will be Keely Hodgkinson's (and maybe Yee and Pidcock too). You make think that harsh, but it's true.

Possibly says more about you than what counts as sporting success