Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Guys can we lay off Luke Thomas. He’s a local lad and it’s Brendan Rodgers fault that he’s s**t. No blame is attached to Luke whatsoever. Cheers. 

Lets be positive he has come to a new ground and will adjust himself here next season 

• Haha 1

The vertical movement has been pretty decent as the half has worn on. We're getting it forward nicely and also quite quickly, both on the deck with short, quick passes and with some long ones as well.

I think McAteer is coming into the game quite a bit now too.

6 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Guys can we lay off Luke Thomas. He’s a local lad and it’s Brendan Rodgers fault that he’s s**t. No blame is attached to Luke whatsoever. Cheers. 

My apologies, sarcasm can be somewhat difficult to convey online…. 

Ironic cheers and sarcastic chants for Ward are embarrassing. Obviously not good enough, but he seems a decent bloke. 

Mcateer picks up great positions, shame he's not got a bit more ability on the ball because he'd be a great player. 

Not sure Fatawu on the left is a long term option or Mavididi in the 10. 

• Like 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Ironic cheers and sarcastic chants for Ward are embarrassing. Obviously not good enough, but he seems a decent bloke. 

Mcateer picks up great positions, shame he's not got a bit more ability on the ball because he'd be a great player. 

From where I am in the ground it was one guy giving him dogs abusive and some of the crowd getting behind him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The vertical movement has been pretty decent as the half has worn on. We're getting it forward nicely and also quite quickly, both on the deck with short, quick passes and with some long ones as well.

I think McAteer is coming into the game quite a bit now too.

Agree there’s some positives - but we do look vulnerable on turnovers.

I’m also not convinced the setup is the one to get the best out of our two best attacking threats - Fats & Mav 

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

How have you worked out that either of those things aren’t long term options based on 45 minutes of a preseason friendly?

Happy enough with that - team looks confident and up for it.

I feel like we're going to see a lot more quick passes into attacking space this season - a front three of fatawu, daka and mavididi has to be one of the fastest in the league.