Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

I would take £2m for Soumaré, he's a fraud, lazy and incompetent football player. Infact I'd give him to someone for free to free up wages. His laziness actually really annoys me. 

• Like 2

One certainty from tonight - we need another striker.

I can see the logic in looking at Wout as a possibility - with all the pace elsewhere, having someone to bang it into and lay off at the top of the tree makes sense.

Personally, still not convinced by Cannon. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Soumaré a positive? I'm really hoping that's a joke. 

He seems to have fooled a few people into thinking that on here.

For me, he was far too passive in his play.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I would take £2m for Soumaré, he's a fraud, lazy and incompetent football player. Infact I'd give him to someone for free to free up wages. His laziness actually really annoys me. 

He is languid not lazy.  :ph34r:

Few concerns for me.

1) The system Cooper wants to play doesn’t look like it will get the best out of Abdul and we need a proper number 10 as against better opposition, I don’t think Mavididi will cut the mustard centrally.

2) Winks didn’t get the opportunity to dictate the tempo of the game as we seemed to bypass him a lot in possession, hopefully this won’t be an occurring thing. 

3) We are massively lacking a left footed CB. If Kristiansen doesn’t stick around then I hope Cooper doesn’t play Thomas as he’s not comfortable enough building from the back in a LCB role at first glance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Do we think the strategy is to play Ward to try and get someone take the bait and come in for him? Someone like Dorking Wanderers? Or some other Step 2-4 team?

He’s 3rd choice… so if Stolz is injured, now 2nd choice and making him only one injury or transfer away from starting the season in goals.

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Feeling more worried now, we really got a massive task if we're going to stay up....it's going to be tough with this group of allsorts....some just seem up for the premier league...Soutter, Soumare, Ward etc 

It's a second pre-season game. It's all about getting minutes in, and developing ideas. Results aren't that important, ironing out issues  that need addressing is what pre-season is all about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Feeling more worried now, we really got a massive task if we're going to stay up....it's going to be tough with this group of allsorts....some just don't seem up for the premier league...Soutter, Soumare, Ward and the new boy Okli etc 

I wouldn’t be worried as of yet. We haven’t played what is likely to be our best group together as yet & worked out the best system. I assume Cooper is trying different players in some of his preferred systems to see if they sink or swim. It will come together

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Feeling more worried now, we really got a massive task if we're going to stay up....it's going to be tough with this group of allsorts....some just don't seem up for the premier league...Soutter, Soumare, Ward and the new boy Okli etc 

Fantastic you managed to get that from one pre season game.

We have a number of players to come back and Vardy. We may of course be screwed this season but a pre season game will not dictate that.

• Like 3