Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

Ward will be number 2

So Rudders is gonna sell mads just before the transfer window shuts and we won't be able to find a replacement. Big Wardy number 1 for the first game. Lovely.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Manager managing to find a formation which doesn't suit any of the fullbacks or wingers at the club......

I think it does actual suit the fullbacks quite well - depending on which side we do allow to push forward it gives them a lot of licence to push up really high down the wing which JJ, Ricardo, and Kristiansen will all like

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

So Rudders is gonna sell mads just before the transfer window shuts and we won't be able to find a replacement. Big Wardy number 1 for the first game. Lovely.

only way we even remotely sell Mads is if we get a bid over £40mil, and Chelsea wont pay that at all

Looking at our current squad and how cooper wants to play it's one fullback attacks one stays

At the moment ricardo being our best fullback means he goes forward and others adjust to that

Means fatawu is shifted to the left side as he is not good enough to drift inside apparently

I think the left back going forward makes more sense

Keeps fatawu as the touchline winger, mavididi can shift inside which suits him

Keep VK and this should work

Don't know where ricardo goes however, midfield?

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Feeling more worried now, we really got a massive task if we're going to stay up....it's going to be tough with this group of allsorts....some just seem up for the premier league...Soutter, Soumare, Ward etc 

There’s still 5 weeks until the window ‘slams shut’ 😏 - so there’s still time for the squad to take shape.

It definitely requires some players to move on and some players to come in but I’m sure we’ll get there.

I’d expect one of the keepers to move on (most likely Iverson), one of centre backs to depart (Faes or Souttar), Soumare to **** off (finally) and possibly Cannon to leave (loan or perm).

Then the other way - we’ll sign a striker, someone to play that inside wing role, we probably want another midfielder and maybe a fullback.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Scenes when Chelsea sign Hermansen for £45 million, we don’t sign a replacement in time for Spurs, so Ward starts in goal :frantics:

Rudkin patiently waiting for the fax to confirm Sanchez is coming the other way on loan after confirming Mads for £45m, only to receive Enzo's photocopied butt cheeks at 12.03 on deadline day.

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

least it showed we arent playing hoofball like some thought we would be, i dont mind a mixture of styles passing wise, which we seem to do

and being more direct at times too

We seem to be using the channels more, which is where we are at our best. Mavididi particularly has prospered already. I often felt that he struggled in Enzo’s system, mainly because the tempo could be so slow. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Iversen wasn't that bad, surely he's above Ward?

Bloody hope Cooper realises that, but Welsh friends and all that :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Rudkin patiently waiting for the fax to confirm Sanchez is coming the other way on loan after confirming Mads for £45m, only to receive Enzo's photocopied butt cheeks at 12.03 on deadline day.

They’d probably send us Kepa instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Iversen wasn't that bad, surely he's above Ward?

Maybe a better shot stopper but he wasn't at Fulham, also has a brain freeze any time the ball is at his feet. They both need to leave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We seem to be using the channels more, which is where we are at our best. Mavididi particularly has prospered already. I often felt that he struggled in Enzo’s system, mainly because the tempo could be so slow. 

yeah im with you on that, it wasnt all possession for possessions sake either, saw alot more going at the defenders too, but its pre-season, seems like decent changes, and hopefully cooper makes it so we are more adaptable, as last season it felt like we was far too rigged/enzo being stubborn

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Bloody hope Cooper realises that, but Welsh friends and all that :whistle:

They’d probably send us Kepa instead. 

I’d take Kepa. He’s never been allowed to recover from his fall out with Smokey bollocks. 

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think it does actual suit the fullbacks quite well - depending on which side we do allow to push forward it gives them a lot of licence to push up really high down the wing which JJ, Ricardo, and Kristiansen will all like

Personally I alway felt both JJ and Ricardo are good attacking fullback in a 4.

But they have always struggled as wingback when we have played a 3 back, especially under Rodgers

Why would you pick a formation that doesn't have wingers when Mavididi and Fatawu have been are best attacking talents.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's alright interviewing and insisting he wants to play possession football but we should have been interviewing insisting a manager keeps some continuity with the system. Like or loathe Enzo, he struck gold with the shape. Got the best out of everyone. 

This was my biggest concern with Enzo leaving. Sure, him leaving meant we might get a coach more willing to bend their principles, but the last thing you want to do on promotion is change your coach and style. Takes all the momentum out of the side, and you have to start again.

Ranieri succeeding Pearson is a prime example of us as fans knowing you don't need to change everything if the previous coach leaves on a (sporting) high. You build on the foundations. You don't start again.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He’s 3rd choice… so if Stolz is injured, now 2nd choice and making him only one injury or transfer away from starting the season in goals.

Reassuring. Thanks.

Do Majestic Wine deliver at this hour?

• Haha 1

Great stat regarding Ward from our relegation season (22-23). 

"Based on the data, City were expected to concede 55 goals from the shots on target they faced, only the sixth-worst in the division....

....they actually conceded 68 goals."

Thanks Danny. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-must-remember-relegation-9429649

• Like 2
  • Haha 2