Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's alright interviewing and insisting he wants to play possession football but we should have been interviewing insisting a manager keeps some continuity with the system. Like or loathe Enzo, he struck gold with the shape. Got the best out of everyone. 

I’m worried that Ricky P will break down in the Prem if he’s going to be asked to play wide and be dynamic down that right hand side as the attacking outlet. At 30 years old with a historical ACL injury in arguably the most physically demanding league in professional football, it’s not ideal. He suited the inverted fullback role so well, could he not play as a midfielder next to Winks now, if Cooper doesn’t want to play an inverted fullback?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

only way we even remotely sell Mads is if we get a bid over £40mil, and Chelsea wont pay that at all

I don't think we can afford to sell him for 40 mil. We will need a very good keeper to keep us up this season and they are hard to find.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Ranieri succeeding Pearson is a prime example of us as fans knowing you don't need to change everything if the previous coach leaves on a (sporting) high. You build on the foundations. You don't start again.

Prime example when we went from a 3 at the back to a 4? 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

What position is he playing?

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Surprised Booth hasn’t been used today. What are your thoughts on him?

He played largely as a right winger but was cutting in in a free role. I actually thought he favoured his left foot when I watched him in pre-season last year but tonight and in clips at Vollendam he seems to be very fluid on either foot. 

I really hope we don't let him leave for a pittance as there's a player there I'm convinced.

• Thanks 1

I've missed something here, why is Stolarczyk out for 6 months? What's he done?

Ignore me - just seen the injury thread.

Shame, I really rate Jakub

Edited by Tielemans63

23 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’m worried that Ricky P will break down in the Prem if he’s going to be asked to play wide and be dynamic down that right hand side as the attacking outlet. At 30 years old with a historical ACL injury in arguably the most physically demanding league in professional football, it’s not ideal. He suited the inverted fullback role so well, could he not play as a midfielder next to Winks now, if Cooper doesn’t want to play an inverted fullback?

Don't worry mun we'll sack him in October about when Chelsea sack Enzo and we'll be well primed to just get back to normal. 

My only concern, with the huge caveat that we've only seen one proper friendly, is that I don't know what Cooper is trying to do from a system/tactics perspective. We're hearing 'pragmatic' and 'direct' a lot, but that can't be it. I know we'll learn more over the next month, but I feel like we knew what Enzo was about from day 1.

Money saved not giving King Power my cash: £10

I'd do this as a running thread throughout the season that would be of no interest to anyone - but I've already lost interest myself.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Spend £14 million on a dynamite right winger. New manager makes him play as a LM/LWB, Leicester logic. 

It's pre season. It's just about fitting people in the team to get fitness. 

• Like 1

Can’t believe all the manager wants is more  wingers , we need a class centre forward , vardy can’t play every game and daka is crap . Also we have no class midfielder, and we really need 2 for this hard season ahead . 

46 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Money saved not giving King Power my cash: £10

I'd do this as a running thread throughout the season that would be of no interest to anyone - but I've already lost interest myself.

Ahh youll be interested in "King Power Kash Kount" the latest offering from King Power.

For just $65 a month, KP will keep record of your weekly spend vs savings with the club... for just another $20, they will email you a spreadsheet...or for the premium service  ($100) they will post a hard copy quarterly.