Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Ironic cheers and sarcastic chants for Ward are embarrassing. Obviously not good enough, but he seems a decent bloke. 

Mcateer picks up great positions, shame he's not got a bit more ability on the ball because he'd be a great player. 

Not sure Fatawu on the left is a long term option or Mavididi in the 10. 

:plancque:not nice.  I agree with u about Mcateer also, doesnt have the footy brain to play centreid. 

So first half. Thought it was one of Daka's best games for us. Fatawu on the left isn't as effective as Fatawu on the right. Mavididi isn't a striker. Luke Thomas is shite. Kasey isn't quite ready, he seems too nervous on the ball and fails to make quick decisions. Ward is the greatest keeper on the pitch, actually probably not. Everyone else is as expected. The white van is still annoying me. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Ward's been decent.

Typical Danny - straight on your phone, and straight on foxestalk at half time. Put your phone down and listen to Stevie Cooper’s 1st half observations.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Agree there’s some positives - but we do look vulnerable on turnovers.

I’m also not convinced the setup is the one to get the best out of our two best attacking threats - Fats & Mav 

Yeah I agree.

I'd like to see Kasey and Fatawu swap over and see how that is. With a bit of time I think the 10/supporting striker role could be pretty good for Mavididi so I don't mind him staying there. It could see him among the goals even more, but clearly wide left is where he's strongest currently.

Takes on the first 45: Ward and Thomas fantastic ( in case any scouts have paid 10 quid).  Not sure why Abdul is playing on the left?   Daka looks lively.  Ref is not playing fouls.  BUT better than Enzo-ball as a watch.

Thoroughly worth 10 English pounds.

17 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Guys can we lay off Luke Thomas. He’s a local lad and it’s Brendan Rodgers fault that he’s s**t. No blame is attached to Luke whatsoever. Cheers. 

Impressed you're managing to post from the ground, Luke. Good luck with the season. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Mcateer picks up great positions, shame he's not got a bit more ability on the ball because he'd be a great player. 

Not sure Fatawu on the left is a long term option or Mavididi in the 10. 

Definitely not. In the 10 you’ve got to make good decisions on the ball regularly and he doesn’t do that on the wing nevermind inside. Fatawu is brilliant on the right, and McAteer is better on the left. I’d play none of them where they were first half 🤔

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

• Coady is playing in the middle of the 3 and looked good on the ball. Unusual that Vestergaard has moved over.

It is Ben Nelson, not Vestergaard :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seems a bit concerning that are two main threats from last season are being shoehorned in as a wing back and a striker.

Surely these are the decisions the higher ups should have thought about when choosing a manager?

• Like 2