Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

When we attack, there's a few patterns of play we are trying.

One of Mavididi or Daka comes from a forward position like a false 9 to drop into midfield, whereas the other forward stays up. At the same time the CAM, McAteer today pushes forwards into the box. Winks is the one pulling the strings.

• Mavididi I think looks good in this more central / forward position.
  • Daka doing pretty well IMo at dropping in and spinning. Mavididi the same, but Daka is doing it more often.
  • Fatawu IMO wasted in this position, killing his natural game.
  • Thomas looks lost as to what he's supposed to do.
  • Coady is playing in the middle of the 3 and looked good on the ball. Unusual that Vestergaard has moved over.

A7jNQaF.png

In general it looks like we are quite fluid in possesion with players swapping the spaces they are occupying, and trying to drag the opposition out of the spaces they start in.

To me it doesn't look anywhere near as polished as the early pre-season games under Enzo, but it's early days.

Nelson not Vesty but easy mistake tbf. It's not too off from what I see but it's a variation of 3241  Ndidi on right not winks,  Mavidid and McAteer behind Daka who seems to be dropping deep. Ricardo id effectively right wing and right back which just isn't sustainable for him and Fatwatu has an easy LW job just doesn't have the ball.

Agree on wasting Fatwatu there but obviously cooper is experimenting. Would expect Fatawu as the RW, Okoli for Thomas, and Soule for McAteer if it goes through. Reid on the left and Mavididi stays where he is.

• Like 1

Not surprised we look rusty, 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

When we attack, there's a few patterns of play we are trying.

One of Mavididi or Daka comes from a forward position like a false 9 to drop into midfield, whereas the other forward stays up. At the same time the CAM, McAteer today pushes forwards into the box. Winks is the one pulling the strings.

• Mavididi I think looks good in this more central / forward position.
  • Daka doing pretty well IMo at dropping in and spinning. Mavididi the same, but Daka is doing it more often.
  • Fatawu IMO wasted in this position, killing his natural game.
  • Thomas looks lost as to what he's supposed to do.
  • Coady is playing in the middle of the 3 and looked good on the ball. Unusual that Vestergaard has moved over.
  • The use of McAteer is interesting... I wonder if the reason we are after Soule is because he would occupy in attack the spaces McAteer is today.

A7jNQaF.png

In general it looks like we are quite fluid in possesion with players swapping the spaces they are occupying, and trying to drag the opposition out of the spaces they start in.

To me it doesn't look anywhere near as polished as the early pre-season games under Enzo, but it's early days.

Looks like a shape that will get destroyed on the transition by quality sides.

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Yeah I agree.

I'd like to see Kasey and Fatawu swap over and see how that is. With a bit of time I think the 10/supporting striker role could be pretty good for Mavididi so I don't mind him staying there. It could see him among the goals even more, but clearly wide left is where he's strongest currently.

Starting Fatawu narrow would be a waste, allowing him to start from the touch line allows gaps between the full back and centre backs to appear - and gives him space and scope to go both inside and down the line.

I feel the idea with the shape and movement would be better flipped so the inside forward / wing back is on the left… but that then plonks the vulnerable defensive side towards your left centrehalf… which if it’s Vesty, is not a good plan either.

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Starting Fatawu narrow would be a waste, allowing him to start from the touch line allows gaps between the full back and centre backs to appear - and gives him space and scope to go both inside and down the line.

I feel the idea with the shape and movement would be better flipped so the inside forward / wing back is on the left… but that then plonks the vulnerable defensive side towards your left centrehalf… which if it’s Vesty, is not a good plan either.

Sorry, I was thinking Fatawu on the right, Kasey on the left and Mavididi through the middle 

Contract extension for Bouba please Duffers before he goes out on loan in Turkey with us paying the whole wage.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Like the way we are set up tactically, similar to last season when in possession but with the freedom to go long at times.

not just long but he players will be able to attack without being grilled, which is more natural to a player imo instead of the robotic passing style

2 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

If Hermansen gets sold, it's clear that Ward will start. Cooper obviously rates him.

Stolarczyk isn't available either so we don't really know that