Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Should Online Influencers be Restricted Or Monitored?

On 25/07/2024 at 19:27, Daggers said:

Anyone describing themself as a citizen journalist can get in the bin.

Genuinely some of the worst people in existence. There's that bellend DJ Audits from Leicester who has a habit of condescension towards others, despite clearly having the intellect and personality of a corned beef sandwich. 

Social media is still media and these platforms need to be enforced in the same way as journalists and other broadcast media.  If Musk and co. want their platforms to be homes for "citizen journalists", they need to abide by the media and news regulators.

If I wrote an opinion piece for a newspaper or news outlet which was basically extreme misogyny or racism, the argument from these outlets that "it was merely an individuals opinion" wouldn't wash for a second.  Same standards needs to be applied to these companies.  They enforce these things when they have their feet to the coals, so the old "it's impossible to enforce" is tosh as far as I'm concerned.

What we really need is much better media education in schools and even public information on the dangers of false news and on how algorithms work.

Who actually funds these social media accounts and in how bots are 90% of people online. 

All this should be common knowledge but it's not. 

Schools should teach the effects of social media on the brain and on how the data on their phones is used to target them and influence their lives in ways they don't even know. 

The main thing people should know is that social media is there and designed to make your life worse and not better.

• Like 3

First step should be that everyone should have to provide a driving licence or the like to get an account. 

Sod off to joeypatriot49623758. Hello to James O'Neil from Coventry. Tell me now how you believe all people who don't look like you should 'be sent home'.

Then hit the sites for not acting on complaints on posts that can be prosecuted in the courts. If they deleted them, fine - if not, fines. Ever escalating fines.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a small tripod. I came across this offering. I have questions:

Why does she need to hold a holdy thing?

Why has she cropped out the ball, surely the point is he is kicking a ball and that is hilarious?

Lastly, how is she in her own photograph?

Influencers are dumb.

Screenshot_20240817_093638_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Posted (edited)

Not exactly controversial, but as irritating as **** and one reason I can't abide these sorts. Self important, self absorbed, arrogant self entitled nobodies. Unfortunately, these people get paid a lot of money meaning they'll never go away.

BTW, click on the link "Do they know I'm a tiktoker", not the website or watch now links.

Edited by Parafox