Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Danny Ward

12 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Some of the comments on here are (as usual) embarrassing.

He's not a Premier League first choice, this is true.

He'd do very well for a EFL club. Very well.

I'd love to see the likes of Wrexham come in for him. He was there as a youth product. He'd be the difference between them winning the league or not. Would be a real coup for them.

Good luck to him. The epitome of a confidence player. 

You still need to be able to use your hands in the EFL, that part doesn't change so I struggle to see how he would do well. 

£50k a week amounts to around £2.5m a year. I'm no expert in contracts etc but if we could get a team to pay us £2.5m to  pay up his contract, then he basically leaves on a free, can negotiate a new contract at a lower wage with another club. Could a team loan him for £2.5m, covering his wages and then they just sign him for free next summer? Am I being too optimistic that anyone would pay £2.5m for him? We just need to find anyway to get rid of him. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

£50k a week amounts to around £2.5m a year. I'm no expert in contracts etc but if we could get a team to pay us £2.5m to  pay up his contract, then he basically leaves on a free, can negotiate a new contract at a lower wage with another club. Could a team loan him for £2.5m, covering his wages and then they just sign him for free next summer? Am I being too optimistic that anyone would pay £2.5m for him? We just need to find anyway to get rid of him. 

You're being relatively optimistic if you think anyone is paying £2.5 for the hopeless prat let alone £2.5m!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Or they could (but won’t) take him on loan and pay nothing 

7 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

:blink:

If he leaves for £2.5m, that does not equal leaving on a free. He would leave for the £2.5m, then we have the savings in wages on top of that.

If he leaves on a £1 transfer, we would just save the wages.

Edited by ACF

1 hour ago, ACF said:

:blink:

If he leaves for £2.5m, that does not equal leaving on a free. He would leave for the £2.5m, then we have the savings in wages on top of that.

If he leaves on a £1 transfer, we would just save the wages.

If we give him the £2.5m to pay up his contract, then technically he leaves for free. The issue isn't finding someone to take him, the issue is he wants his money for the last year of his contract, which no other club will pay and it seems the only way we could get rid of him, is us paying up his contract 

The only way he will leave for lesser money involves football reasons i.e. he wants regular football.   If he is happy to waste another year here, then fine he has a lucrative contract.

Whoever gave him the contract extension, and if still at the Club, needs tar and feathering at half-time at the Spuds game.

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Whoever gave him the contract extension, and if still at the Club, needs tar and feathering at half-time at the Spuds game.

Surely we should wait until the stadium expansion for that.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Even if anyone was crazy enough to give us £2.5m, realistically no one is giving him more than £25k a week unless he’s signing as a free agent to be 3rd choice homegrown keeper at a top club. 

Would you accept a move to half your salary? I know I wouldn’t. Only got ourselves to blame on this one.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Even if anyone was crazy enough to give us £2.5m, realistically no one is giving him more than £25k a week unless he’s signing as a free agent to be 3rd choice homegrown keeper at a top club. 

Would you accept a move to half your salary? I know I wouldn’t. Only got ourselves to blame on this one.

He's going to have to accept a lower salary from next summer regardless. He wouldn't be losing anything as he'd be having his contract paid up by us 

7 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Be sad to see him go.underated keeper who was never given a fair chance to shine

Said no one ever

Remembering that night at Molineux now makes me almost physically sick!

Still, it was fun while it lasted, and always good to beat the Yam Yams.

14 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If we give him the £2.5m to pay up his contract, then technically he leaves for free. The issue isn't finding someone to take him, the issue is he wants his money for the last year of his contract, which no other club will pay and it seems the only way we could get rid of him, is us paying up his contract 

But why would we pay up his contract, what benefit would that give us? It doesn’t give us financial headroom to get anyone else, we lose a player. He’s shit, we don’t want him here, but there’s literally no benefit to paying him out.

Interestingly FFP in League One is far more relaxed and is based on wages to turnover ratio and nothing to do with transfer fees. Also cash injections from owners can count towards revenue for this.

We should be offering Wrexham the chance to buy him for £2.5m and we subsidise his wages for 12 months and get him as far away from here as possible.

3 minutes ago, ACF said:

But why would we pay up his contract, what benefit would that give us? It doesn’t give us financial headroom to get anyone else, we lose a player. He’s shit, we don’t want him here, but there’s literally no benefit to paying him out.

Depends if we also pay other expenses, like to feed him at Seagrave...  [insert your own joke about amount of food he eats]

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Interestingly FFP in League One is far more relaxed and is based on wages to turnover ratio and nothing to do with transfer fees. Also cash injections from owners can count towards revenue for this.

We should be offering Wrexham the chance to buy him for £2.5m and we subsidise his wages for 12 months and get him as far away from here as possible.

you could remove the m after the 2.5, Ric Lad! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ACF said:

My previous message said, if we could get another team to pay us £2.5m, then he basically leaves for free but we haven't had to pay him to leave. The other team has ultimately paid up his contract. It's not likely to happen anyway, he'll stay here as 3rd choice and then leave for free next summer.