Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Danny Ward

1 hour ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Even if Jakub is only out for 3 months instead of 6, Geoff Peters is reporting both Iversen and Ward on for sale....where does that leave us hahah!

Mads and that American keeper? If he's even still with us?

Stevie Bausor 18yo South African wonderkid has been on the bench as well

Pay off Ward so he can **** off please and thank you 

24 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

No without doubt that honour went to Junior Lewis

Given how much Ward has cost us, in transfer fee and wages, and how bad he was for us (I do single-handedly blame him for a lot of the goals we conceded on our way to relegation) I do think he is at least in contention for our worse player ever.

I used to think Josh Low was the worse player I've ever seen for us but at least he was free and only played about 20 games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hopefully Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are kind enough to take him off our hands. 

Mad that if they did he'd be going there as second choice. The keeper they had on loan last season has gone there permanently now and looks decent.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

This forum! lol

Steve Cooper is not a moron, believe it or not.

Pre season is the time to give minutes to players and to have a real good look at the squad. 

The panic on here as players get selected to play is frankly unreal. 

• Like 2

The best time to move him on was after he performed quite well in Euro 2021 and there was some interest in him at the time. Instead we gave him a new contract with Rodgers publically stating he had 2 number 1's to choose from, seeing him as a successor to Kasper. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Even if Jakub is only out for 3 months instead of 6, Geoff Peters is reporting both Iversen and Ward on for sale....where does that leave us hahah!

Mads and that American keeper? If he's even still with us?

if by American keeper you mean the tall black guy.. the one who is 6ft 7?  He signed for Charlotte FC and is playing very well in their development side. Just win a skills competition for them, actually..

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This forum! lol

Steve Cooper is not a moron, believe it or not.

Pre season is the time to give minutes to players and to have a real good look at the squad. 

The panic on here as players get selected to play is frankly unreal. 

Where's this outburst come from?

The thread is about a talksport source saying we can let him leave if someone isn't deterred by the wage?

Not everything's an overreaction fella :D 

Just now, MPH said:

if by American keeper you mean the tall black guy.. the one who is 6ft 7?  He signed for Charlotte FC and is playing very well in their development side. Just win a skills competition for them, actually..

Yeah wasn't sure if he'd left or not. Most likely been replaced in the pecking order by Brad Young

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Whoever gave him that new contract needs sectioning, disgraceful. 

Whoever scouted him and paid £12million for Liverpool’s third choice keeper needs shooting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Some of the comments on here are (as usual) embarrassing.

He's not a Premier League first choice, this is true.

He'd do very well for a EFL club. Very well.

I'd love to see the likes of Wrexham come in for him. He was there as a youth product. He'd be the difference between them winning the league or not. Would be a real coup for them.

Good luck to him. The epitome of a confidence player. 

😂😂😂
Shut up Danny, you were shit last night as well shock. It’d be a coup for us that any scouting team in the world picks him up after that 22/23 season. He would definitely be the difference between whether Wrexham win the league or not, as in if he played they definitely wouldn’t win the league

Edited by It'sblueupnorth
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Some of the comments on here are (as usual) embarrassing.

He's not a Premier League first choice, this is true.

He'd do very well for a EFL club. Very well.

I'd love to see the likes of Wrexham come in for him. He was there as a youth product. He'd be the difference between them winning the league or not. Would be a real coup for them.

Good luck to him. The epitome of a confidence player. 

Even in the EFL a keeper needs to be able to save shots and dominate his area. We didn't want to use him in the EFL and I can't imagine most others would either.

Honestly I think we're lucky Rudkin didn't give Ward a new contract after Kasper left of 80k+.

No doubt Ward's camp in pre season were in his ear with "ooo top 8 PL number 1 GK".

50k to be third choice in the championship last year is terrible when 3rd choice PL Keepers are 20-30k a week. Ward isn't a competitive number 2 anymore we should subsidise his wages to a championship team until he leaves for free and goes to the PL as third choice where he belongs.

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

Honestly I think we're lucky Rudkin didn't give Ward a new contract after Kasper left of 80k+.

No doubt Ward's camp in pre season were in his ear with "ooo top 8 PL number 1 GK".

50k to be third choice in the championship last year is terrible when 3rd choice PL Keepers are 20-30k a week. Ward isn't a competitive number 2 anymore we should subsidise his wages to a championship team until he leaves for free and goes to the PL as third choice where he belongs.

Oh I don’t know. “Practice or you will end up like Danny Ward” is quite motivational.

• Haha 2