Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Robert Skov is without a club, he played LWB / LM at Hoffenheim having previously been excellent as a RW at Copenhagen. I could see him doing that role. 

Likewise Ricardo Rodriguez as a LCB/LB.

Both relatively cheap pick ups that give us more balance.

Too continental for Brexit Steve them shouts Ric 🤣

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, JimJams said:

Nelson has a massively inflated wage and seemingly a massively inflated reputation based on being part of that England u-21 setup circa 2019 where there were a number of top level players and clubs thought all of them were going to turn out to be superstars. The squad had players like Saka, Foden, Musiala and Bellingham and the bigger clubs clearly paid over the top wages hoping to retain top up coming talent. Some, like those mentioned, justified it. Others, most notably Hudson-Odoi were given ridiculous contracts despite not being able to break into their clubs squads anywhere near regularly to justify it.

If we take this on then we're effectively paying for Arsenals over-speculating on the player.

This is where my head is with the rumour.

Loan with option to buy may work but his wages are insane and we HAVE to learn from offering such large contracts to players.

Sadly the mess that we’ve got ourselves in has set us back years and we’re far from aiming for European football.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

This is where my head is with the rumour.

Loan with option to buy may work but his wages are insane and we HAVE to learn from offering such large contracts to players.

Sadly the mess that we’ve got ourselves in has set us back years and we’re far from aiming for European football.

Like we have had to do in the past, Arsenal may have to pay part of his wages for him to secure a move away. 

We won't ever find out the full details, but have seemed lower the wage bill massively over the last couple of summer windows.

Just now, slymunn said:

Like we have had to do in the past, Arsenal may have to pay part of his wages for him to secure a move away. 

We won't ever find out the full details, but have seemed lower the wage bill massively over the last couple of summer windows.

I’m not disputing that we haven’t reduced the wage bill but that’s because we overpaid and have had what 11 leave on free’s (don’t want to know their combined transfer fee and wages).

We clearly paid PL wages (reduced last season) for Coady/Winks and just offered Jannik and Wilf contract extensions so my faith of us learning as a club is at an all time low if being honest mate.

Paying PL wages in the Prem is fine if they play (I.e. are PL players) and we have good relegation release clauses.  Tielemans, Madders, Vardy etc were paid well but were good players.  It’s overpaying players that barely make the starting 16 that was a massive mistake. 

• Like 2

I get the need for versatility but feel he's another player who hasn't been good enough to narrow down a position. 

I can't say I've seen him too much though, other than 10 minutes at the end of games. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'll be honest and admit I've not seen much of him (but then who has?). But I'd always be wary of players like this. Good attacking stats on the face of it yet nobody has thought enough of him to put him in their starting lineup on a consistent basis, even the clubs he was loaned out to (Hoffenheim 5 starts in 23 appearances, Feyenoord 10 starts in 21 appearances). Something doesn't seem right there. Is he a bit lazy defensively or summat? Can he not press?

This is where I'm at, too. Never been a regular anywhere at 25, suggests he's never fully convinced any of the coaches he's played for. I'm not sure about this one.

I think Nelson has decent potential from what I've seen of him but sometimes fringe players from the 'greedy 6' can be overrated and command over inflated transfer fees (Danny Ward :mad:).

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was a prime example of an overrated Arsenal youngster a few years back. Ended up leaving on a free.

Edited by 1972 Fox
  • Like 2

Not sure if it was this thread or not, but there were calls for us to look into Smith-Rowe.

He's going to Fulham in a potential £35m deal, no wonder we're not even considering it lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not sure if it was this thread or not, but there were calls for us to look into Smith-Rowe.

He's going to Fulham in a potential £35m deal, no wonder we're not even considering it lol

Astonishing.

• Like 4

Cooper got a great deal for another winger Hudson -Odoi last year I think £3m so  hopefully the club won't pay over the top for Nelson if there is some sort of option to buy. I notice Ipswich are rumoured to be after Jack Clarke at around £18m Spurs will pick up 40% sell on fee if it happens.

Edited by Edingleyfox
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, StanSP said:

£ for Lb that’s a good deal.