Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

Nelson clearly talented but his history of injuries are of a concern and do we need another starting winger? as he definitely isn't coming to be a squad player , glad its only a loan but the obligation (assuming we avoid relegation) is another concern for me.

6.5/10 signing for me.

39 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Cooper seemed to suggest multiple times in his PM interview they needed more "bodies". I don't expect we stop at Nelson, but could be wrong!

More to come in for sure, but I think we will see Nelson playing as a 10 this season more than many think.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Most comments are positive, but the comments writing Reiss Nelson off just because he hasn’t nailed down a starting place at Arsenal are baffling. 

He has Saka, Martinelli and Trossard ahead of him, getting in ahead of them is impossible. It’s just the same case with Smith-Rowe potentially heading to Fulham, no way he gets in ahead of Odegaard and the wingers I’ve mentioned, so it’s come to the point where it’s probably for the best that Nelson and Smith-Rowe head for pastures new. 

Nelson has had enough decent cameos and cup appearances for Arsenal to know that there’s a decent player in him. 

If he does come, maybe he excels, maybe he flops, but he’s a player that deserves a fair crack of the whip at another Premier League team. 

He would be a good signing for a knock down price. Arsenal won't sell him for a knock down price though, he will be sold at the same price as players who are currently playing regularly and playing well in other top flights across Europe.

• Like 2

All comes down to price here. At 25yrs old, he’s not worth anything near £15M. However, Arsenal will be seeking a large offer as have their own FPP pressures seeing as they are spending big on Calafiori at £40M+ from our friends at Bologna.

I see this signing as a player that maybe a few rungs down from our 1st choice. I’d say a year long loan, but we shouldn’t be paying anymore than £10M all in (including loan fee if we’re were to exercise the loan option).

Reiss Nelson is a good player. He was excellent for the first few months of his Bundesliga loan move, but seriously tailed off. So consistency is a risk here, but you could argue that’s the case with 99% of forwards.

certainly a lot less exciting than an Argentinian wonder kid in Soule, but I fear we all need to move on from Soule, and start looking at other options. 

Don't imagine it's a coincidence this link came out just as the Soule deal looked to be collapsing. Not sure he improves our first team significantly but will definitely improve the squad a lot and will probably make 30+ appearances this season injuries permitting.

14 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

The Mockery really is a waste of time. Headline online "Mikel Arteta gives Reiss Nelson to Leicester City answer"

And the answer is "no comment" 

The internet killed local newspapers. Their margins are so tight they can only afford to a little bit of actual journalism, so they fill up the rest of the space with absolute shite. A bit sad, really.

Never like signing rejects from top clubs. It's a no from me, rather get someone stepping up to our level than a step down. Where's the motivation to play your heart out when you've already failed at a club what would be considered the pinnacle of your career.

• Like 2