Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Never like signing rejects from top clubs. It's a no from me, rather get someone stepping up to our level than a step down. Where's the motivation to play your heart out when you've already failed at a club what would be considered the pinnacle of your career.

Yeah, didn't work for Harry Winks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Harry Winks actually played for Spurs as a starter for a good while and was proven. This lad has been on the fringes and is a youth player in all but his actual age, but probably thinks he's the dog's bollocks despite having done nothing in his career.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

To be fair to them they did say ‘Top Clubs’ and correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t we get Winks from Spurs? Dont think it counts:D

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Staffs Fox said:

To be fair to them they did say ‘Top Clubs’ and correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t we get Winks from Spurs? Dont think it counts:D

Since Nelson has been at Arsenal they've one 1 FA cup so wouldn't say by that logic he's experienced much silverware either lol. Joking aside, both are obviously coming from "bigger clubs" and it worked out well for Winksy!

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Harry Winks actually played for Spurs as a starter for a good while and was proven. This lad has been on the fringes and is a youth player in all but his actual age, but probably thinks he's the dog's bollocks despite having done nothing in his career.

When we signed Winks he was out of favour for some time at Spurs. Not sure the evidence is there to show that Nelson thinks he's something he's not?

27 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Never like signing rejects from top clubs. It's a no from me, rather get someone stepping up to our level than a step down. Where's the motivation to play your heart out when you've already failed at a club what would be considered the pinnacle of your career.

Can't agree with this. I would think a lot of players would strive after getting another chance when progress stuttered at original club. 

25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not sure Cooper would be keen to link up again with that type of personality.  A lot of the comments about him from Arse fans suggest he's a really good pro.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not sure if it was this thread or not, but there were calls for us to look into Smith-Rowe.

He's going to Fulham in a potential £35m deal, no wonder we're not even considering it lol

Wow 35m for a player who started 3 league games in the last 2 seasons 

If he's willing to move from a cushy life in London playing for in my opinion the best team without cheating , to Leicester city then I would find it ridiculous anyone questioning his desire to play football or his professionalism 

• Like 1

This is definitely a squad signing, we like a loan signing to cover the forward line, and this is that. I don’t think this will be in place of Soule, because it’s clear the club wants a stand out attacking player. He’s a decent player I’d say he’s better than both Under and Yunus. 

39 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I think Arsenal have clung on to Nelson for too long and it's probably stunted his progress a little but I think he's a really solid top flight quality player and would be a good signing as long as it's a sensible price.

It's Arsenal, ffs, it's not really a sign of a shit player that he can't get in their first team. They've always been flush with excellent attacking midfielders haven't they.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Is he a reject? He came through the academy there which at a top club is very hard to accomplish.

For me I think he’s a great signing and adds more speed and directness to the already Fatawu and Mavididi. 

I would say I am slightly worried about his injury history however.

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Is he a reject? He came through the academy there which at a top club is very hard to accomplish

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's Arsenal, ffs, it's not really a sign of a shit player that he can't get in their first team. They've always been flush with excellent attacking midfielders haven't they.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles comes to mind....we dodged a bullet there!

• Like 1

He’s a talented lad and needs to move for the sake of his career. Probably been held onto a year or two too long by Arsenal, but I like what little I have seen. For footballing reasons I think it’s a bit of a no-brainer and he’s an upgrade to the likes of Marcel and McAteer

All depends on the package though. A loan would be perfect, try before you buy, and if it’s an obligation based on appearance, survival clauses I’m all for it. 

56 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Every player we’ve signed from another club is a reject really , plus we won the Premier League with cast offs and rejects 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

Just asked a Gooner ST holder at work his opinion - 

I like Nelson, always hate seeing young English players go.  He’s a decent player who has done well whenever he played but just never been given a fair run in the team, probably because Saka hasn’t been injured much. I think he would be a good signing

Gerrrrrrrimmmmmmin. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If you’re going down that route though you can make the same argument the opposite way…. Martinez (Goalkeeper), Gnarby, Hutchinson I would be happy with any of them In our team.

The point is just because you can’t make it in a top 6 club doesn’t make you an instant flop.

56 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Konchesky, Simpson might have a few thoughts on that. :matty:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, em9999 said:

If he's willing to move from a cushy life in London playing for in my opinion the best team without cheating , to Leicester city then I would find it ridiculous anyone questioning his desire to play football or his professionalism 

Is that now that we’ve presumably met PSR for the upcoming accounts but still haven’t been sanctioned for the prior years?

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Is that now that we’ve presumably met PSR for the upcoming accounts but still haven’t been sanctioned for the prior years?

Man city literally have at least 115 charges I know who my money is on 

18 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Well sure but then by the same token Bukayo Saka, Arsenal are capable of producing good and bad players just like every club. I'm not suggesting Nelson is alright purely because he's from Arsenal. 

I'm suggesting writing him off as a signing for a newly promoted team (or even an aspiring top half team) just because he couldn't make it at a Champions League chasing side that famously has had a lot of good options in his position is a bit harsh.

Oh and lets not forget Stephy Mavididi is an Arsenal youth reject too.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Man city literally have at least 115 charges I know who my money is on 

I didn’t ask who you thought was the worst cheater. lol