Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Never like signing rejects from top clubs. It's a no from me, rather get someone stepping up to our level than a step down. Where's the motivation to play your heart out when you've already failed at a club what would be considered the pinnacle of your career.

I give you certain rejects from top clubs that did ok:

De Laet

Drinkwater

James

Albrighton 

Cambiasso

to name but a handful?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Never like signing rejects from top clubs. It's a no from me, rather get someone stepping up to our level than a step down. Where's the motivation to play your heart out when you've already failed at a club what would be considered the pinnacle of your career.

Winks

Izzet

Collymore

Les Ferdinand

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

De Laet

Drinkwater

James

Albrighton 

Cambiasso

to name but a handful?

You can't use Cambiasso here lol He wasn't a cast off from some massive side having never made a breakthrough — the guy had won the Champions League and half a dozen league titles before he joined us 

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

De Laet

Drinkwater

James

Albrighton 

Cambiasso

to name but a handful?

Cambiasso???? lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You can't use Cambiasso here lol He wasn't a cast off from some massive side having never made a breakthrough — the guy had won the Champions League and half a dozen league titles before he joined us 

Fair point & one I expected to be made!

But they let him leave on expiry of his contract, so we signed him in similar circumstances to Kevin.

The big difference, I grant you, is that one had achieved just about everything there is to achieve in football, and Kevin had to join us to do that!

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Fair point & one I expected to be made!

But they let him leave on expiry of his contract, so we signed him in similar circumstances to Kevin.

The big difference, I grant you, is that one had achieved just about everything there is to achieve in football, and Kevin had to join us to do that!

Entirely different circumstances. I assume you're talking about Albrighton?

Surely signing a player from a big club who never made it properly there is almost contingent on what type of bloke he is as much as it is about their ability?

And the same applies if the player is coming from a much smaller club and sees the move as their transfer to the big time?

If a player is hungry to prove themselves and play football, then they give themselves the best chance to succeed?

If coming from a bigger club and they're despondent and not motivated, then things won't work out.

If they're coming from a smaller club and spending loads of their money frivolously, enjoying the bigger spotlight on them and aren't really focused on the football, things won't work out for them either.

Nelson has done pretty well for his loan clubs, which is a good sign, but I guess we don't know how a permanent move (to all intents and purposes with it rumoured to be a loan with obligation) would affect him. But we know he gets on well with Cooper, which should help him.

I guess we'd just have to rely on the scouting team doing their due diligence on what he's like as a bloke, as is the case with all signings.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Fox42 said:

Feels like Ademola Lookman all over again. Lost his way a little but the minerals are there - just needs a new home.

Hopefully if he does alright for us we don't overlook the fee, let him go elsewhere and be absolutely mustard while we get f*****g relegated, eh...?

• Like 1

He is 25 soon and had not had an okay season since 2018-2019.

Delusion on this forum is so frustrating sometimes.

He may come good, but chances of that is one from hundred 

Another crap business from club

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

He is 25 soon and had not had an okay season since 2018-2019.

Delusion on this forum is so frustrating sometimes.

He may come good, but chances of that is one from hundred 

Another crap business from club

It's so frustrating as well because it looks like the transfer will limit Will Alves's ability to make a breakthrough and also shoehorn Fatawu into the left wing back position. How have we looked at where our squad stands at the beginning of the season and decided that a new winger was the priority. I have no idea honestly although i do like the idea of rotating Mavididi centrally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, em9999 said:

Man city literally have at least 115 charges I know who my money is on 

I’m not so sure they will be found guilty. The PL have bitten off more they can chew. A lot of their “evidence” comes from illegally hacked emails. 
They claim that City’s accounts which are filed by Deloitte are fraudulent. I believe that Deloitte are the PL’s own accountants!!

If Leicester want him it's loan first and see how he goes and no way we're paying 100k a week that he's currently on. We really haven't got that kind money to dish out like Arsenal have.

It's 40k a week max..... I'm sure he could survive on that.

Arsenal Mania reckon they'd bit off any one's hands even if they offered 8m for him!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

I think wages need to be factored in if you want perspective. Doubt any but the man city lad are getting anywhere near what Nelson is currently on.

Incidentally we've got no perspective 'til we know what they want for him. I could be wetting my y-fronts over nothing.

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Absolutely. 

Not only that, when Arsenal bring on Nelson to 'chase a game', it's a drop dead giveaway that they aren't good enough. Soon as he's is on, it's game over. He's nowhere near their level. And I'd be surprised if someone so far off Thier level has an impact at the wrong end of the table 

Funnily enough, I'd rip your arm off for Smith Rowe tho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

For a bit of perspective:

• Ipswich signed Hutchinson for 22M
  • Palace signing Sarr for 12M
  • Brighton signed Yakubah Minteh for 35M
  • Man City "signed" Savio for 25M
  • Bournemouth signed Sinistiera for 24M
  • West Ham signed Luis Guilherme for 25M
  • Villa re-signed Jaden Phillogene for 13M (but his actual cost was 18M but they got a discount because they had a sell on clause)

If you put all that into perspective, the Nelson deal seems pretty fair. He's got a great relationship with out manager too, he is likely to be motivated because of that, and Cooper will know the qualities of the player. Overall seems like a decent deal. The proof is in the pudding though, as we all know!

Have we had a fee quoted for Nelson?

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

For a bit of perspective:

• Ipswich signed Hutchinson for 22M
  • Palace signing Sarr for 12M
  • Brighton signed Yakubah Minteh for 35M
  • Man City "signed" Savio for 25M
  • Bournemouth signed Sinistiera for 24M
  • West Ham signed Luis Guilherme for 25M
  • Villa re-signed Jaden Phillogene for 13M (but his actual cost was 18M but they got a discount because they had a sell on clause)

If you put all that into perspective, the Nelson deal seems pretty fair. He's got a great relationship with out manager too, he is likely to be motivated because of that, and Cooper will know the qualities of the player. Overall seems like a decent deal. The proof is in the pudding though, as we all know!

Also didn’t our Manager have a good relationship with Morgan Gibbs-White who was awful at Wolves but was good at Forest under him?

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Absolutely. 

Not only that, when Arsenal bring on Nelson to 'chase a game', it's a drop dead giveaway that they aren't good enough. Soon as he's is on, it's game over. He's nowhere near their level. And I'd be surprised if someone so far off Thier level has an impact at the wrong end of the table 

Funnily enough, I'd rip your arm off for Smith Rowe tho. 

Agree absolutely with all this. From what I've seen he's bang average, has a poor touch and ball control and not especially skilful or well balanced. And conversely would happily take Smith-Rowe because he's shown enough at Arsenal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Awful at wolves ?

He scored one goal and has two loans to the championship he wasn’t pulling up any trees with his output. But I guess Forest seen a player in him. He’s doing better not exactly prolific.