Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And this is another problem with focusing on players with PL experience. They are either on big wages and/or cost a lot in transfer fees. There are occasions you can pick up a player trying to rebuild their career but we've found in the past it's terrible value for money and no more successful than recruiting from the lower leagues and abroad.

If our answer is we go from Nelson to Ayew because we can't afford the £15m + £100k a week wages then again we're being so blinkered.

The only player I can think of recently where that has worked is Lookman and we still managed to bollocks that one up.

Edited by kingpower
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This could be a Mexican stand off where we’ve offered a loan with obligation but requested Arsenal to cover 40% of his wages this season.  For all we know the kid might actually want to come here.  

my point is that we know v little and to just dismiss any possible deal could be premature 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This could be a Mexican stand off where we’ve offered a loan with obligation but requested Arsenal to cover 40% of his wages this season.  For all we know the kid might actually want to come here.  

my point is that we know v little and to just dismiss any possible deal could be premature 

Let’s be honest if there was any chance of a deal happening after the initial bid, he wouldn’t have been starting against Man U 

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Baffles me why we're not signing 2 or 3 young class players like Sara or Jack Clarke from the Championship. Sara is such an obvious one, 1 season in the EPL and even if we go down we could sell him for more than what we paid.

The only conclusion that can be drawn from the lack of activity is the club either not serious and quite happy to be relegated or they can't afford to make such moves 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Let’s be honest if there was any chance of a deal happening after the initial bid, he wouldn’t have been starting against Man U 

Disagree

You don’t play poker and show your hand 

we aren’t close to a deal - I agree with that. My point is that we havent heard from his camp where they’ve dismissed it. 

To be honest, I think the lack of signings reflects the fact that we are just not an attractive proposition at the moment. Players know we're about to get a huge points deduction and are likely to get relegated, so they're not keen to join, especially as, thankfully, we're not going to bribe them to come by offering silly wages like we have in the past. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

To be honest, I think the lack of signings reflects the fact that we are just not an attractive proposition at the moment. Players know we're about to get a huge points deduction and are likely to get relegated, so they're not keen to join, especially as, thankfully, we're not going to bribe them to come by offering silly wages like we have in the past. 

you can’t say that! People get riled by it!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Loan deals are our best option imo. The top clubs have talented youth/reserve players who could cut it for us instead of paying for filth like 32 year old Jordon Ayew

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

you can’t say that! People get riled by it!

Not saying that you’re in the wrong but I think you’re also giving too much credit to Rudkin and co.

When have we ever done multiple deals in a prompt manner?

We clearly put a lot of effort (could argue wrongly) into Soule.

A player who plays in the Championship would not think twice of jumping ship to us, I even include players from the recently relegated lot, how many clubs bounce back on their first attempt? Not as common as you’d think.

6 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

A player who plays in the Championship would not think twice of jumping ship to us, I even include players from the recently relegated lot, how many clubs bounce back on their first attempt? Not as common as you’d think.

We should absolutely be throwing our weight around for championship players in my opinion. Still an attractive club. All you have to do is listen to what Coady had to say in his interview with BDR earlier, he knows its a top club and sometimes we forget that as fans! Managed to pull Coady, Winks, Hermansen to the championship cause the project was appealing. Ok, some of it may have been down to Enzo's perceived stature but he was an unknown.

I think the Soule news maybe has damaged a few fans confidence but he wanted Roma, not a lot you can do, we move on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

We should absolutely be throwing our weight around for championship players in my opinion. Still an attractive club. All you have to do is listen to what Coady had to say in his interview with BDR earlier, he knows its a top club and sometimes we forget that as fans! Managed to pull Coady, Winks, Hermansen to the championship cause the project was appealing. Ok, some of it may have been down to Enzo's perceived stature but he was an unknown.

I think the Soule news maybe has damaged a few fans confidence but he wanted Roma, not a lot you can do, we move on!

Exactly that mate.

I always think you pay PL tax, then to a lesser extent Championship tax compared to the international market but I’d be proper chuffed if one of Sara or Jordan James got announced in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kingpower said:

The only player I can think of recently where that has worked is Lookman and we still managed to bollocks that one up.

If only Rudders would have pulled his Finger out of his Ar se just think of the difference he would have made, then again would we have found those delights of Fatawu & Mavididi ?

• Like 1

He has talent, I share the concerns over the salary.

But what is really important here is how we play, this guy looks like he loves to dribble with the ball and breakthrough defences.

Whilst last season and under Rodgers we loved to play tippy tappy hold ball with minimal dribbling.

We dont know yet how we will play under Cooper, but if its tippy tappy, this probably wont be a good signing, square pegs in round holes and all that.  If we play counter or at least attack more direct, then he has the potential to be great for us.

So thats my 5 pence on the player.

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

He has talent, I share the concerns over the salary.

But what is really important here is how we play, this guy looks like he loves to dribble with the ball and breakthrough defences.

Whilst last season and under Rodgers we loved to play tippy tappy hold ball with minimal dribbling.

We dont know yet how we will play under Cooper, but if its tippy tappy, this probably wont be a good signing, square pegs in round holes and all that.  If we play counter or at least attack more direct, then he has the potential to be great for us.

So thats my 5 pence on the player.

Our wingers dribbled plenty last year

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, teblin said:

With a couple of loans in alternative positions could we now afford this move potentially?

This best be our second loan, can see this lad making a massive difference unlike a striker adjusting to a new league 

8 minutes ago, scinnell said:

This best be our second loan, can see this lad making a massive difference unlike a striker adjusting to a new league 

Agree. Him and Ayew would be akin to Shearer and Chris Sutton at Blackburn.  Dynamite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1