Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

This is a lad that's never kicked on from initial hope.  He's had one decent half season in Germany. That's it. People say he's got experience, but he's barely played. His 15 appearances last season total 257 minutes of football. Not even 3 full games.  So the idea that he's "proven" is a bit far fetched for me.

Ultimately I don't think he'll be value for money because Arsenal will want a decent fee. I certainly don't like the idea of an obligation with this.  He's versatile yes, but we've got DReid for that haven't we? 

I get Cooper likes him, he's managed him as a kid and he scored a couple against his Forest side (2 of the only 3 he scored that season) so hopefully he could get something out of him that he's frankly not shown at all whilst at Arsenal.

I also hope that Fatawu doesn't end up being sacrificed for the likes of Nelson or DReid because he's versatile too. The friendly last night hopefully was a one off for fitness.

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

This is a lad that's never kicked on from initial hope.  He's had one decent half season in Germany. That's it. People say he's got experience, but he's barely played. His 15 appearances last season total 257 minutes of football. Not even 3 full games.  So the idea that he's "proven" is a bit far fetched for me.

Ultimately I don't think he'll be value for money because Arsenal will want a decent fee. I certainly don't like the idea of an obligation with this.  He's versatile yes, but we've got DReid for that haven't we? 

I get Cooper likes him, he's managed him as a kid and he scored a couple against his Forest side (2 of the only 3 he scored that season) so hopefully he could get something out of him that he's frankly not shown at all whilst at Arsenal.

I also hope that Fatawu doesn't end up being sacrificed for the likes of Nelson or DReid because he's versatile too. The friendly last night hopefully was a one off for fitness.

There's rotation here so Fatawu/Madividi don't get run into the ground like parts of last season. 

If we are doing the typical 2 for each position Nelson and BDR can cover both wings and 10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, em9999 said:

Arsenal value Nelson around 15 mil by the way 

It's about the max I'd pay for a rotation option! He's currently got to contend with a lot of other guys in those attacking areas and can't see him starting.

Yep. Think he'd be a good addition.

I like the way we're operating with these loans with obligation to buy. Got it spot on last season- means the selling club can't up their price if they're a success (Fatawu) and we can send them back if they don't quite work out (Yunus).

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Yep. Think he'd be a good addition.

I like the way we're operating with these loans with obligation to buy. Got it spot on last season- means the selling club can't up their price if they're a success (Fatawu) and we can send them back if they don't quite work out (Yunus).

If we can work a deal where we're obligated to buy him on the same basis as Yunus (25 starts) then it'd be a deal worth going for.  Depends entirely on those conditions though.

I don’t think he’s all that good. I think he’s on £100k a week, so that could be a problem. I’m sure arsenal would like to move him on as he’s average and get him off the wage bill.

• Like 2

No brainer for me. Take him on loan with an option to buy and we don’t take that option if he’s not good. Or an obligation with a number of appearances required and if he’s not doing it when bench him towards the end of the season.

Either way, he improves our squad and provides another pacey, attacking option!

• Like 1

Hate it tbh, I don't understand how we can go from potentially signing Soule to this while we also have Alves coming through, with Mavy, Fatawu, Reid etc etc. Why waste 15m or however much its going to cost to sign someone who has never even had a good season, he's 24....

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Curious as to why this would be a loan with an obligation to buy. If it's £15m then we're essentially kicking £3m down the road a year. 

I know finances are tight but obligations are still a long term commitment. 

I can see us needing to utilise the loan market but options deals rather than obligations.

Potentially, knowing that if we go down, we are likely to be placed in a transfer embargo. Kicking that can could make a lot of sense as we wouldn’t be able to spend any more cash in that financial year. Thus giving us the ability to sign more players for this season while we can. 

if we survive, none of that will matter we will just have less spending power that term. 

Edited by Lambert09

22 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This annoys the **** out of me!

Why can't we just target an ACTUAL No. 10 FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, he's played as a 10 a fair bit and done quite well.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Potentially, knowing that if we go down, we are likely to be placed in a transfer embargo. Kicking that can could make a lot of sense as we wouldn’t be able to spend any more cash in that financial year. Thus giving us the ability to sign more players for this season while we can. 

Yeah that's a possibility. 

For me, this is 100% a replacement for Soulè. If last night is anything to go by, Soulèwould have played where Mcateer did. Reiss Nelson can play there in that imside forward role beside Mavididi in the 10/St role.