Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

I think fan’s understanding of value for money has gone out of the window. Some of the same people who were moaning about the cost of Winks last year are saying this is a good buy. 

£15m for an Arsenal bench warmer who isn’t a priority position seems somewhat frivolous. We need a proper No. 10. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

I think fan’s understanding of value for money has gone out of the window. Some of the same people who were moaning about the cost of Winks last year are saying this is a good buy. 

£15m for an Arsenal bench warmer who isn’t a priority position seems somewhat frivolous. We need a proper No. 10. 

Have we been linked with a pure #10? Either we don't plan to need one. or we are being stealthy (Not surprising)

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Would be one of our top earners as well. Overall it would be an expensive player to bring in and I don't think he's good enough to warrant the total cost.

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Not necessarily. 

Might be that we are shipping out McAteer and Wanya on loan or selling them. We would potentially have Nelson, Mavididi, Fatawu, Decodova Reid, Soule as our attacking midfield options and that is without taking into account Alves and Golding who have also featured in pre season. 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

anyone seen what the Arsenal fans are saying about this?

My Gooner mate says a decent enough player, but not up to their PL/CL aspirations. Happy to offload him and other fringe players in order to reinvest.

2 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I think some of these reports that Nelson is on 100 grand a week are wildly inaccurate 

It's on Spotrac as well

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/player/_/id/24374/reiss-nelson

It looks like he basically got himself a massively improved salary when his old contract was on the way out.  Arsenal overpaying on wages to protect his value.

Their inaccuracies are usually down to improved contracts over time.

Just now, TheLittleBigMan said:

Surely we would only be paying part of his wages? 

If he's on 100k a week I don't see how it happens given the player has that for a decently long contract.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I think some of these reports that Nelson is on 100 grand a week are wildly inaccurate 

“It seems that after months of negotiations and a couple of rejected contract offers, that Arsenal have now come to an agreement with Reiss Nelson to ensure his future at the Emirates.

It is being reported today by the Mailthat has been significant breakthroughs in the talks and the player has “agreed in principle” to sign the latest offer, including a reported four-year extension and a “significant rise” on his current wages which is worth around £60,000-per-week, so I wonder if it will come close to the 100,000 Pounds a week that we are said to have given Eddie Nketiah last summer?”

3 minutes ago, em9999 said:

It would appear he is on ,100 grand a week I'm amazed ... 

You think that’s amazing?

Have a look in the Danny Ward thread 😂

29 minutes ago, enmac said:

I think the player is worth 20/25m 

if we’re paying 15m then the 5/10m difference is to cover what we’re prepared to pay him in wages (say 65k)  and what Arsenal are paying him (100k) 

thats 3 years at 35k/week = approx 5m  (plus a loan fee for this season which will be approx 2m) 

£100k a week (and no doubt a five year contract), plus obligation not option to buy are both scary thoughts. Have the board not learnt anything? (I know, being rhetorical, innit).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, enmac said:

The one thing we had to learn from when we went down, was overpaying on salaries.  One player won't be the difference to keep us up.

Stupid salaries = Betrand, Vestegaard v1.0, Soumare, Slimani, Ward etc.  Can't get rid when we realise they're rubbish.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

We'd take him on loan paying part of his wages, will an obligation to buy, with certain criteria

The question though is why would he leave Arsenal on a 100k a week contract for the next 3 years (possibly 4) to come to us on a lower wage?