Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

16 minutes ago, enmac said:

Nketia is on the same wages. Another no, no then.

https://www.capology.com/player/eddie-nketiah-36310

18 minutes ago, em9999 said:

It would appear he is on ,100 grand a week I'm amazed ... 

Nelson has a massively inflated wage and seemingly a massively inflated reputation based on being part of that England u-21 setup circa 2019 where there were a number of top level players and clubs thought all of them were going to turn out to be superstars. The squad had players like Saka, Foden, Musiala and Bellingham and the bigger clubs clearly paid over the top wages hoping to retain top up coming talent. Some, like those mentioned, justified it. Others, most notably Hudson-Odoi were given ridiculous contracts despite not being able to break into their clubs squads anywhere near regularly to justify it.

If we take this on then we're effectively paying for Arsenals over-speculating on the player.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jamfox said:

Reading the comments from arsenal fans, this guy sounds like he has high potential

He’s 25 in December. 

He has potential to make a lot of money out of us, care of Rudkin. 

Edited by Stopharage
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, JimJams said:

HOW?

People are speaking about 5m+ for Casey ! 

Nelson is a home grown talent who can’t get into arsenal starting line up. But he’s in the list for starting options if wide player injured.  Had a v good spell in Germany. 

and he is 24/25 so will have a resale value in three years 

Wouldn't mind this at all.

He needs a home, a place to thrive. He also gets on really well with Cooper, which is a plus right now (not so much if Cooper doesn't last long of course).

He would give us options and would challenge Mavididi, Fatawu and McAteer straight away, which is what we need.

Wanya needs a loan or permanent move for me. McAteer perhaps another loan as well to really get some proper game time.

I'd like to keep Alves around and get him involved. I thought he and Golding linked up well last night. But maybe it would be better for his development if he went out to a Championship side looking to play decent football.

But if Nelson were to come I like the following as options for the three behind the striker:

Mavididi, Fatawu, R. Nelson, Golding, De Cordova-Reid, (McAteer), (Alves)

25 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

He’s 25 in December. 

He has potential to make a lot of money out of us, care of Rudkin. 

Maybe ..

Also had some injury , and not been given a chance playing for arsenal.

I guess it depends on his attitude and what the deal is..

17 minutes ago, em9999 said:

These days you only need one good season to be worth 40 mil 

Our fans justifying us overpaying for players with the possibility that they're going to be our next big sale doesnt make sense. Buy low sell high only works consistently if you buy low, otherwise a couple dud signings negates any profits.

• Like 3

He's not going to walk away from £100k a week for 3 years, so there'll have to be a hefty bit of offsetting in the transfer fee to make up the shortfall. Probably why it'll be a loan to start with, but could see us having to pay more in transfer fee and they'll use a chunk of that to pay him off.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not going to walk away from £100k a week for 3 years, so there'll have to be a hefty bit of offsetting in the transfer fee to make up the shortfall. Probably why it'll be a loan to start with, but could see us having to pay more in transfer fee and they'll use a chunk of that to pay him off.

(Or we’ll pay less in fee and pay the balance of his contractual arsenal pay)

I tried to point this out earlier ric - good luck !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I like him

You were very critical of Saelemaekers for lack of end product, Nelson number aren't great.

Not that I don't like Nelson, but just interest in your reasoning?

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You were very critical of Saelemaekers for lack of end product, Nelson number aren't great.

Not that I don't like Nelson, but just interest in your reasoning?

Numbers can be somewhat misleading. From the video reel, it looked like poor finishing rather than a lack of chances created.

He’s a decent player, technically very good, just unfortunate that he’s had more developed players ahead of him in the pecking order. The kind of player who needs to move on a kick on in his career. 

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Numbers can be somewhat misleading. From the video reel, it looked like poor finishing rather than a lack of chances created.

Video can be just as misleading, you can make a player look different depending on how you edit it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Video can be just as misleading, you can make a player look different depending on how you edit it.

Yes, I totally agree, but there were an awful lot of chances created in the video, which were wasted. I suppose all I'm suggesting is there is evidence that he does create quite a few chances, whether or not the video reel is disproportionate to the times he wastes possession, then I agree this is not clear. I fully understand videos are only likely to show the best bits. 

Edited by MGLCFC

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Also statistically you would be far made likely to get goals an assists playing for a team like Arsenal battling for the title and tonking teams than you would in a struggling team getting tonked 

• Like 1