Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You were very critical of Saelemaekers for lack of end product, Nelson number aren't great.

Not that I don't like Nelson, but just interest in your reasoning?

Good question, quite simply because Saelemaekers has played a lot of football and his creativity and goalscoring for the type of player we require is poor. 

Nelson has played less football and so the basis is that with his skill set and type of player he is that he'd be expected to provide goals and assists. There's no guarantee but he's technically very good. 

Saelemaekers is Albrightonesque, which there's nothing necessarily wrong with but we have Cordova-Reid to be that type of squad player. We need a player with potential to bring goals and assists.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, copunk said:

May not be good enough for Arsenal but chances are he's more then good enough for us 

I think Mavs is better…but if you believe either are good enough crack on 🤷‍♀️

11 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Neither was Yunus last season TBF but you need cover and competition in every position

Right, so what was wrong with Yunus then? Considerably cheaper.  But presumably we want a better standard. So why Nelson? 

4 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Nelson is a much better player than yunus 

Not sure he's particularly shown much more than Yunus tbh, but Nelson will no doubt cost twice as much in a transfer fee and at least double the wage. And that's optimistic. If we're signing for cover then why pay more? Even if you do believe he's better, does he warrant what would likely be double the cost?  Not that I'm advocating buying Yunus, but I'm also not advocating bringing in Reiss.

It's quite strange to me how a guy who played in 15 matches last season (though only 257 minutes such is his importance) and didn't register a goal or assist is garnering such enthusiasm. 

He needs first team football I think if he was signed he would suprise a lot of people , plus he gets on really well with cooper and I believe he will bring the best out of him 

My opinion might be wrong but I am a optimist 

Edited by em9999
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Good question, quite simply because Saelemaekers has played a lot of football and his creativity and goalscoring for the type of player we require is poor. 

Nelson has played less football and so the basis is that with his skill set and type of player he is that he'd be expected to provide goals and assists. There's no guarantee but he's technically very good. 

Saelemaekers is Albrightonesque, which there's nothing necessarily wrong with but we have Cordova-Reid to be that type of squad player. We need a player with potential to bring goals and assists.

I wondered if we were interested in Saelemaekers to play the role Fatawu played last night at LWB.

I can't believe we are thinking of playing Fatawu there.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

anyone seen what the Arsenal fans are saying about this?

Yup just flicked through Arsenal Mania and they all reckon he's sh*t.. doesn't track back or get involved another Asiley Maitland-Niles Academy player who isn't as good as he was meant to be...just not good enough for them

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I wondered if we were interested in Saelemaekers to play the role Fatawu played last night at LWB.

That one’s all gone a bit quiet on him coming hasn’t it? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's all a little confusing right now. It would be criminal to take Fatawu away from RW and I think we need a left footed LB/LWB on that side so I'm not sure what he's going to do. 

I like the idea of a fast transition and fluid system but that ought to be achieved with deploying players in their correct positions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's all a little confusing right now. It would be criminal to take Fatawu away from RW and I think we need a left footed LB/LWB on that side so I'm not sure what he's going to do. 

I like the idea of a fast transition and fluid system but that ought to be achieved with deploying players in their correct positions.

He surely cant think playing Abdul there will work 😂 

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Yup just flicked through Arsenal Mania and they all reckon he's sh*t.. doesn't track back or get involved another Asiley Maitland-Niles Academy player who isn't as good as he was meat to be...just not good enough for them

Apart from that though?…..