Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

This gives me Morgan Gibbs-White to Forest vibes. Wolves fans questioned his ability and output and weren’t bothered when he made the move. 

He then linked up with Cooper, who got the best out of him, with his output drastically improving 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Nelson, Mads, Fats is some pace and trickery behind a striker, technically good enough to play through teams and also be lethal on a counter

Hermansen and I'm guessing Gary Taylor-Fletcher back? Not sure they'd give you much pace...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Hermansen and I'm guessing Gary Taylor-Fletcher back? Not sure they'd give you much pace...

Bang on with those guesses wasn’t sure if I’d made it obvious enough who I meant either

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Have you seen him roll?

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Robert Skov is without a club, he played LWB / LM at Hoffenheim having previously been excellent as a RW at Copenhagen. I could see him doing that role. 

Likewise Ricardo Rodriguez as a LCB/LB.

Both relatively cheap pick ups that give us more balance.

He’d probably cost £10-15 million, but surely Alfie Doughty must be considered, also takes set pieces and ideally we need a player of that ilk. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spudulike said:

My favourite post....

"Leicester is a much nicer place to live, not sure what's the obsession with London"

As someone that traded the former for the latter years ago, I lol’d hard at that

Another comment from that aforu

25 minutes ago, enmac said:

Arsenal Mania thread re Nelson. Interesting:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/reiss-nelson-out.36695/

Posted in June

“I don't think we should have much problem at all getting 20 million.

His G/A contributions/90 minutes have been consistently excellent, usually looks quality when he gets on the pitch. Is uniformly praised by everyone for his attitude and work ethic. If I was running a mid-table team I'd have very few reservations that Nelson could be a quality winger for my team, and 20 million is honestly peanuts in today's market.

Like, if I was Crystal Palace and shopping through Arsenal spare parts I'd have a hell of a lot more confidence in getting value from a Reiss Nelson signing than from Eddie or ESR.”

Consistent praise for the lad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Nelson, Mads, Fats is some pace and trickery behind a striker, technically good enough to play through teams and also be lethal on a counter

Just need Small

8 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

This annoys the **** out of me!

Why can't we just target an ACTUAL No. 10 FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand what you are saying.my friend, and to a degree I share your frustration...

But at a guess, due to our current " money spending restrictions," if we have a few options available in the squad, who due to their versatility can play as a 10 when required, then a RW two weeks later due to someone gaining an injury or drop off in form then it kind of makes sense...

Like it or not we have to be careful financially due to the well documented 'off field antics', of the incompetent fooktards running the club and getting it evidently so wrong,  so as a byproduct we aren't as attractive as we once were. So an element of beggars can't be choosers springs to mind here..

10 hours ago, Sly said:

2 years ago this made sense.

He was phenomenal in Germany, ala Sancho.

He’s not really done anything since. 

Where does he fit in, if we have Fatawu, Mavididi, Alves, McAteer, Marcal etc? 

You've just mentioned 5 players there who have zero Premier league experience. I'm sure Mavididi and Fatawu will be good enough for the prem but we've no evidence to suggest the other 3 will. We absolutely need a new winger, and one that can play on either wing or as a 10 would make sense, so long as the financials are right. 

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The guy is nearly 25 and has started only 58 games in his career in all competitions - yet has somehow managed to bag a £100k per week contract. Kudos to his agent.

This isn't the Danny Ward thread

• Haha 2

Decent English player that could do a great job for us knows Cooper well loan  with option to buy looks like a quality signing if we can get this done , glad the Soule debacle out of the way now !

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The guy is nearly 25 and has started only 58 games in his career in all competitions - yet has somehow managed to bag a £100k per week contract. Kudos to his agent.

I can’t agree with the interest in him. Just a bit part player who’s over hyped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1