Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Reiss Nelson - loaned to Fulham

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

For me, this is 100% a replacement for Soulè. If last night is anything to go by, Soulèwould have played where Mcateer did. Reiss Nelson can play there in that imside forward role beside Mavididi in the 10/St role. 

If Fatawu doesnt start in that right hand role that Mcateer was playing in yesterday then everyone involved in planning and building the squad needs sacking. We finally have a good right winger after years of looking to replace Mahrez and he's the most exciting player for us going into next season, why on earth are we looking to not play him in the right winger role that he excelled in last season?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I wouldn’t even want to sign ESR. Him and  Nelson are not wanted at Arsenal. They want them out so they can sign quality players. 

Just because they aren't Good enough for Arsenal, doesn't mean they won't be good enough for us. This isn't 2021 for God's sake! 😄 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I wouldn’t even want to sign ESR. Him and  Nelson are not wanted at Arsenal. They want them out so they can sign quality players. 

True.

But they’re trying to win the league.

We just need to be a bit less shit than the bottom three.

5 minutes ago, Wortho said:

May not be good enough for Arsenal but chances are he's more then good enough for us 

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Mavididi/Reid - Soule/Alves - Fatawu/Nelson

Gives us options in that 3 behind the striker and players that can play in different positions. 

I would be very surprised if we get Soulé and Nelson 

decent player on a loan that becomes permanent if we stay up seems like a good deal, adds depth and he's shown glimpses for Arsenal of real quality

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Want to get into this but can't help but feel his wages would not be value for money. Apparently on a good whack at Arsenal.

If the fee is only £15m then that’s why 

a player of his profile should be more than that 

39 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If Fatawu doesnt start in that right hand role that Mcateer was playing in yesterday then everyone involved in planning and building the squad needs sacking. We finally have a good right winger after years of looking to replace Mahrez and he's the most exciting player for us going into next season, why on earth are we looking to not play him in the right winger role that he excelled in last season?

I agree with you but it's not looking likely. Not with rumours of Soule/Reiss Nelson. Best i think we will get is he plays the role he did last night (not quite a winger/not quite a wingback) but on the right. JJ playing a RB/RCB role behind him and a more traditional wingback on the left and Reiss Nelson and Mavididi in those two #10/inside forward roles. But that means no Ricardo, although he could cover several of those positions. 

26 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I would be very surprised if we get Soulé and Nelson 

I wouldn’t. 

We were short last season. We’ve lost KDH, Akgun, Casadei and Ndidi no longer being seen as a forward player. 

30 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Just because they aren't Good enough for Arsenal, doesn't mean they won't be good enough for us. This isn't 2021 for God's sake! 😄 

28 minutes ago, em9999 said:

A lot of players weren't wanted by arsenal left and went on to have mighty fine careers the above logic makes no sense 

Whilst true it's not always a case of "Not good enough for Arsenal but good enough for us" Sometimes players are playing for clubs way above their level. We have Danny Ward 4fuxake and he played a full season.

Maitland-Niles left Arsenal to pretty much underwhelm in all the levels below.  Pepe, their former record signings career trajectory seems to be aimed through the floor.  Rob Holding left for Palace, can't get in the squad. Tavares, dogshit, loan after loan.  There's others. Of course there's plenty that would do well for us, and I think Nelson wouldn't be a bad squad member but I can't see how this will be a financially viable option. He's on a wedge, he's got 3 years on his contract with an option for a further year.  I'd rather us look for another Fatawu. 

• Like 2