Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Fulham v Leicester City - 24 Aug 15:00

On 01/08/2024 at 14:10, PutneyFox said:

There is a big Wetherspoons called The Rocket right on Putney Bridge by the river & some 50 yards from that a boozer called the Boathouse (not a Wetherspoons though). If the sun is out its a fine place to park up & sit outside (large outside area for sitting/standing leading to the river) with a few cold ones before 20 or so minute walk to The Cottage.

Are there just these 2 at Putney bridge , as look a lot more at next tube East Putney ??? and how fars this from the ground

On 02/08/2024 at 12:35, goose2010 said:

I used to do this loads but Stanmore's car park is a ball ache to get out of + it tends to be where everyone heads. Last few times i have go that way i have go to the next station -Cannons park. Decent sized car park (plus a bit of on road / no restrictions) and easy to get out after. Its about an extra 5 mins in the car. 

Most roads are no parking 2-3 but weekdays only, for London games you can street park

On 01/08/2024 at 18:54, BoyJones said:

You can’t help when you happen to be born and I don’t agree with your argument.

I know, from many posts, FT don’t value or respect aged supporters, but fortunately for you, we will start to die off soon. The system worked well for some years and whilst I agree it does need a serious looking at, don’t have a go at old people in P1, we’ve paid our dues. 

Just because you are younger, doesn’t make you better, more deserving supporters. When you’ve paid money to watch Leicester for over 1500 games, come back and have a go. 

Yeah that's fine then to be fair.

Albert did Wimbledon away 39 times so no one else can have a look in.

Anyway, here's me sat patiently waiting for people to die so i can go and support my team away.

On 03/08/2024 at 08:27, 8 ball said:

Are there just these 2 at Putney bridge , as look a lot more at next tube East Putney ??? and how fars this from the ground

There's the 2 mentioned above on Putney high street and a few others around them just across the bridge from Putney bridge tube station. The spoons does fill up around match day though.

Then there's a few others round by the tube station itself that aren't too bad. This area about 15 from the ground.

East Putney tube station is about 30min walk to the ground. Prince of Wales just down the road from the station and is a nice pub. Few others around too. Decent food, but all pricey as central London.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2024 at 08:27, 8 ball said:

There is a very small boozer when you come out of Putney Bridge Tube Station called the 8 Bells.On the same side of the river but other side of the bridge you have the Dukes Head & Half Moon pubs. Large with gardens but no Sky if you want to watch early footy. Half Moon is an iconic music venue in London. You can actually see Craven Cottage from The Dukes Head on the other side of the river. East Putney there is the East Putney Tavern opposite tube station & The Prince of Wales a bit further down towards the High Street.. No Sky there either. If you turn left out of East Putney there are a number of cafe/restaurant places until you get to the main crossroads (100 yards or so) of Putney High Street & there are 2 large pubs on each corner. the railway, 3 storey with huge room garden & my local of 15 years, The Fox & Hounds. Both have Sky & my boozer has around 16 screens there, inside & in the garden. On the High Street itself is the Spotted Horse, has a roof garden no Sky & further down as you walk towards Putney Bridge itself there are 2 bars down Lacy Road called The Coat & Badge & Jolly Gardeners. Both have gardens. If you did decide to come to Putney for a beer your best bet would be to take the Victoria Line from St Pancras to Vauxhall & Train into Putney Station (my usual route to & from Leicester) located at the top of the High Street. there you have the option to cross over the road to The railway or The Fox & Hounds or turn right & walk down the High Street towards Putney Bridge itself. Walking to the ground would take around 20-30 minutes, depending on where you park up in Putney for a beer, through Bishops Park on the Fulham end of Putney Bridge. Bar the Railway, The Fox & Hounds is cheapest for beer, between £4 & £5 a pint depending on your tipple. Morettis etc a tad more & if you do want to watch some early footy The Fox is the best place I reckons due to the number of screens available. Railway & Coat & Badge also have Sky. There are a couple of boozers literally on the Fulham side of Putney Bridge like The Temperance & The Kings Arms, 5 mins walk from Putney Bridge Tube Station, & more boozers further into Fulham but I dont really venture over there but some places like The Golden Lion, on a match day will be for home supporters only with match/season tickets.

Edited by PutneyFox
  • Like 3

On 29/07/2024 at 10:42, FOXSE said:

The issue is the season tickets being given 50 points per year, and them keeping the full 50 points for ever. If you became a season ticket holder 3 years after the start of 50 points being given out, you would be doing well to have caught a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game, by now. That 7 or so years of being a season ticket holder and going to loads of away games. I think the fairest way to do it is for season ticket points, and away match points to lose value with each passing season. That way, you still see some benefit of being a long standing season ticket holder, but recent attendance is weighted better....

We’ve been STHs for several years, but barely been to any away games, because we can’t get tickets!  Each year our points go up, and each year the cut-offs go up, so we’re stuck in the “all STH” category.  It’s not often away tickets get down to that level.  

• Like 3

On 02/08/2024 at 12:35, goose2010 said:

I used to do this loads but Stanmore's car park is a ball ache to get out of + it tends to be where everyone heads. Last few times i have go that way i have go to the next station -Cannons park. Decent sized car park (plus a bit of on road / no restrictions) and easy to get out after. Its about an extra 5 mins in the car. 

I did that for the fa cup final, no way I was going on the coaches as they first said so waited it out until the Friday that you could buy without the coach nonsense, booked a driveway near cannons park for a fiver, parked up straight on tube in minutes.

I think most just go to the first station which is Stanmore when others are only minutes up the line and less people use them.

Edited by promised land
  • Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 12:40, Qwerty said:

We’ve been STHs for several years, but barely been to any away games, because we can’t get tickets!  Each year our points go up, and each year the cut-offs go up, so we’re stuck in the “all STH” category.  It’s not often away tickets get down to that level.  

That's not entirely true. I started as a member last season and have 8 away points already, so they do come down to all STH if you're prepared to do the hard yards. I'd have probably got at least 3 more points if I'd held my nerve as well and waited.

19 minutes ago, guest123 said:

That's not entirely true. I started as a member last season and have 8 away points already, so they do come down to all STH if you're prepared to do the hard yards. I'd have probably got at least 3 more points if I'd held my nerve as well and waited.

Never a dull moment with you around guesty lol

46 minutes ago, guest123 said:

So 8 points, whilst the top dogs probably did Cov, QPR, WBA, Leeds and Bristol City (Just a few random ones I picked that never made it to all STH). 

Congratulations you made up 3 points on the top priority crew, so only another 90 seasons and you should be good to get tickets to Cov, Forest away etc. 

I know the point you’re making btw, but how can a system where it takes 90 years (if you’re lucky) to catch up be in any way suitable?

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So 8 points, whilst the top dogs probably did Cov, QPR, WBA, Leeds and Bristol City (Just a few random ones I picked that never made it to all STH). 

Congratulations you made up 3 points on the top priority crew, so only another 90 seasons and you should be good to get tickets to Cov, Forest away etc. 

I know the point you’re making btw, but how can a system where it takes 90 years (if you’re lucky) to catch up be in any way suitable?

It’s a shit system, but as I’ve shown, there was opportunities to go and get your points up, and it wasn’t as impossible as some people make out

• Like 1

I managed 9 aways last year on all ST, I’ve managed more than that over the past few years fortunately, 13/14 aways in the prem on all STs in the Puel days. The only ones I missed last campaign that went to all STs was Norwich and Southampton due to other plans. I did Millwall twice, Blackburn, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Weds, Sunderland, Bristol City & Leeds.

It is disheartening that despite going to as many as are available, you never get to catch up. I’m on 479 after last year, and now the lowest bracket is 550, so even if by a miracle I got to every away this season, I still wouldn’t be in that bracket and it would move on 50pts anyway. Missed out for Fulham of course, hoping to get to Palace and Arsenal. 

33 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

The current away allocation scheme is lousy.   I think most of us are agreed on that ... even us fortunate ones who currently "benefit" from the system.   

@DerbyshireFox   I reckon you should be ok for Palace away.  There were about 700 tickets left, when  I looked a few minutes ago.

Careful, don't criticise the system or people will get very upset with you. 

13 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I managed 9 aways last year on all ST, I’ve managed more than that over the past few years fortunately, 13/14 aways in the prem on all STs in the Puel days. The only ones I missed last campaign that went to all STs was Norwich and Southampton due to other plans. I did Millwall twice, Blackburn, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Weds, Sunderland, Bristol City & Leeds.

It is disheartening that despite going to as many as are available, you never get to catch up. I’m on 479 after last year, and now the lowest bracket is 550, so even if by a miracle I got to every away this season, I still wouldn’t be in that bracket and it would move on 50pts anyway. Missed out for Fulham of course, hoping to get to Palace and Arsenal. 

There used to be a time where there was no sales to All Season Ticket holders below the magic "I've received 50 points per season since 2013/24" ie 550 target.  I had to point this out to Jim as I got a season ticket 14/15 & at least the club saw sense & introduced the lowest band (cue: abuse from members who've been to 190 away matches in last 10 years :ph34r:).

I'm now in 550+ category & close to 570+ ... but have had 10 years to catch up 50 points+ so I appreciate impossible if you're 100 points+ behind when purchasing a new season ticket.

Whichever system there is - they'll be winners/losers!!