Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Souttar - gone to Sheff Utd (loan.)

The brother of former United target John, who United tried to sign when he was at Hearts and even showed him around Bramall Lane before he made the decision to sign for Rangers, Souttar was approached about a potential loan move to the Blades in the last transfer window earlier this year, with a deal struck with the Foxes but the player's representative vetoed the idea of him moving to Bramall Lane, amid reports that Leeds United were also interested in signing him on the final day of the transfer window. In the end he stayed at the King Power and watched from the sidelines as Enzo Maresca’s side won promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

On 25/07/2024 at 16:27, EnderbyFox said:

Souttar

Tete

Kristiansen

What a transfer window that was 

Bizarrely, I felt we’d had a really solid January with these additions…

Two of them are half decent players too…. As for Tete?  Pffffttt

34 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Half is about right…..

57 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

So did 90% of Foxestalk.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Then we played Villa, and I was even more convinced all was good in the world 

😩

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So he is off to Sheff Utd then?

Seems an obvious play.  Flog them Souttar for whatever his amortised value stands at.   Then buy Hamer (for a price not at all suspiciously inflated by the amount of Souttar's transfer) on a five year deal.  

Trebles all round! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edingleyfox said:

Perhaps cheap loan plus £10 to 12m for Hamer. Apologies can see someone had already suggested something similsr

Don’t apologise - it’s a good idea. If we’re after 2-3 attacking midfielders/wingers I’d really like us to go for Hamer. All the other attacking midfielders we’re being linked with are very young, and we already have a few of those in Alves,,Golding and Fatawu. It would be nice to have at least one creative player with experience of the PL, and I’d much prefer that to be Hamer than Jordan Ayew…

• Like 3

Struggling with the suggestions on Hamer being as he did little in the Prem last season. We might not be far off Sheff U levels last season so bringing someone in that didn’t do it for them doesn’t fill me with much enthusiasm.

Just now, VLC86 said:

Struggling with the suggestions on Hamer being as he did little in the Prem last season. We might not be far off Sheff U levels last season so bringing someone in that didn’t do it for them doesn’t fill me with much enthusiasm.

Sheffield United fans were pleased with Hamer. He was their POTY.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VLC86 said:

I thought he did alright for them, tbh. Given how dreadful they were in general, he managed 10 direct goal contributions from centre mid. 

You could have had Messi in that team and he'd have done little. Their entire squad just wasn't prepared for it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought he did alright for them, tbh. Given how dreadful they were in general, he managed 10 direct goal contributions from centre mid. 

You could have had Messi in that team and he'd have done little. Their entire squad just wasn't prepared for it. 

That second sentence is kind of my point though, albeit with a bad example, as that’s us.

21 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

That second sentence is kind of my point though, albeit with a bad example, as that’s us.

I think people over-react a bit. We've only really lost KDH, who Hamer is probably not far off, and otherwise our side was significantly better than Sheff United's last year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

A loan seems a waste since he’s clearly not fancied here at all, hopefully there’s an obligation of promoted in there or something tangible, otherwise next summer we have the same issue 

Wages and transfer fee we would want will be too big for anyone in the Championship to buy

He isn’t going to play for us so a loan with an obligation to buy is our best chance of getting rid really