Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Souttar - gone to Sheff Utd (loan.)

Thought he would come good with us but another one that just hasn't worked out. 

Can see him being exactly the type of player that fits the Sheff Utd mould. 

• Like 2

Everyone likes a big ugly center half who will bully attackers. I really wanted this signing to work. But honestly, we have several squad members who don’t seem to be doing much so if an offer comes in, we should accept it,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Panic window.

The club felt the squad was strong enough to finish in a decent position (Which a lot of the fan base would have agreed with even post-relegation)

Rodgers's refusal to use Vestergaard or Soyuncu left us panic buying a CB at short notice.

The jury is still out on Kristiansen; it could be a case of the right player, wrong time. But I would argue we overpaid due to the situation. 

Tete low risk which had a massive upside if it worked out. 

To be fair, Tete was decent and helped us get wins against Villa (where he was very good) and Spurs. Shame he dropped off - I blame Rodgers still for us getting relegated.  

I think VK will turn out decent, not sure for who - still early days with Cooper and will be interesting tomorrow to see the tactics and team  

42 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

To be fair, Tete was decent and helped us get wins against Villa (where he was very good) and Spurs. Shame he dropped off - I blame Rodgers still for us getting relegated.  

I think VK will turn out decent, not sure for who - still early days with Cooper and will be interesting tomorrow to see the tactics and team  

Tete had 1.5 good games and then was atrocious, unfortunately. 

Just now, Kp1984 said:

It’s gone from multiple targets to like 1 possibly. Let’s hope the transfer activity hits up and we get some of our targets 

Hots i ment 

Another one of Rogers terrible buys, No surprise there. 

Soutter should have been sold last season as Enzo clearly preferred Vesty and Coady over him.

I'm guess we'll 10 million + on him.

Edited by Clever Fox
spelling

Always remember a Stoke fan telling me he was good in a back 5, not so in a 4 so thought Cooper may of used him, obviously not. Been a lot of managers now who haven't rated him. Smith, Maresca and Cooper

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That January window looking disastrous. Tete flopped and has just gone to Greece. Souttar is championship standard at best and Kristiansen hates the club. Oh and Leeds pulled the plug on Jack Harrison after we let Albrighton go. 

Incredible window 🤦‍♂️ 

Yeah, replacing Fofana with Faes and then identifying Souttar as a strengthening only to let him rot after a few app's.

• Like 1

I’m disappointed in how it’s gone for him, however he isn’t at the level required, then hasn’t stepped up. 

Playing and scoring for Australia against international teams that would struggle in the Championship has highlighted his profile. 

He’s not mobile, turns like a concrete truck and struggles with a low block. We can’t shift him permanently I’d imagine due to the FFP impact, as it’ll most likely go down as a loss on the books. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I’m disappointed in how it’s gone for him, however he isn’t at the level required, then hasn’t stepped up. 

Playing and scoring for Australia against international teams that would struggle in the Championship has highlighted his profile. 

He’s not mobile, turns like a concrete truck and struggles with a low block. We can’t shift him permanently I’d imagine due to the FFP impact, as it’ll most likely go down as a loss on the books. 

As much as our recruitment has been heralded over the years, you can question it in the same amount.

The recruitment with Maresca was decent - even the less successful signings like Doyle, Casadei, Cannon and Akgün were not terrible or useless.

Besides the manager, what's the big difference between 22/23 and 23/24 from a recruitment perspective? 

2 minutes ago, shen said:

As much as our recruitment has been heralded over the years, you can question it in the same amount.

The recruitment with Maresca was decent - even the less successful signings like Doyle, Casadei, Cannon and Akgün were not terrible or useless.

Besides the manager, what's the big difference between 22/23 and 23/24 from a recruitment perspective? 

I think it largely depends on the profile of player the Head Coach / Manager wants to utilise. 

We you consider that we want to play a possession based game, whereby if we have the ball, we can’t concede, then you have a certain type of player for that. I’m not sure Souttar or 

Maresca to a degree, got a tune out of Vestergaard, KDH, Faes and to a degree Ricardo and Justin. It’s difficult to say how much that was just them playing at a different level to what they should have been. 

This season will be a test in principle, as Southampton aside, we really struggled against WBA, Hull, Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Leeds. Those all potentially play a style of play we are going to see in the Premier League. 

I guess the other thing is, if you’re Hermansen, Fatawu,  Mavididi etc and you’re offered a route into English football, getting paid decent wages at Leicester, great training facilities, chance to win a title etc in the Championship, ex EPL champions, is that maybe more appealing than playing for Luton Town or a team that is clearly struggling like we did in 22/23? 

With the way we do our business, we could have tried to sign some potentially world class players and just not got the deals over the line. I guess we’ll never know. 

Never shone but can't really remember him being overly shit either :dunno: 

I'm sure someone will provide a list of examples now.

Don't really see the point loaning him out (but understand its probably because no-one will take on his wages in a permanent move), unless its keeping him in case we need him for the Championship in a years time. 

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Never shone but can't really remember him being overly shit either :dunno: 

I'm sure someone will provide a list of examples now.

Don't really see the point loaning him out (but understand its probably because no-one will take on his wages in a permanent move), unless its keeping him in case we need him for the Championship in a years time. 

Bit rubbish for the poor lad though isn't it. Signs for us in the PL, hardly plays, doesn't play at all the next season, this season he doesn't get a sniff again but we keep him in case we get relegated where he might not get any games again. 

What a terrible career move for him. 

Best to just cut him loose and let him try and kick start his career again elsewhere. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Bit rubbish for the poor lad though isn't it. Signs for us in the PL, hardly plays, doesn't play at all the next season, this season he doesn't get a sniff again but we keep him in case we get relegated where he might not get any games again. 

What a terrible career move for him. 

Best to just cut him loose and let him try and kick start his career again elsewhere. 

He's probably on inflated wages for his ability, given our track record and how much we paid for him. I imagine he'd have had teams after him in the Championship in January if he wasn't.

• Like 1

Missed a sitter at home against Brighton and away at Southampton, both of which could have kept us up.

But he scores for fun against Chinese Taipei

Edited by coolhandfox

Not in the squad against Palermo and also I can’t see him in the video of the players getting on the plane

Sheff Utd rumoured to be signing a couple of players on loan shortly…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Not in the squad against Palermo and also I can’t see him in the video of the players getting on the plane

Sheff Utd rumoured to be signing a couple of players on loan shortly…

Hopefully, they'll let us talk to Hamer, to activate his release clause, as part of a deal :D :fc:

• Like 3