Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Souttar - gone to Sheff Utd (loan.)

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think people over-react a bit. We've only really lost KDH, who Hamer is probably not far off, and otherwise our side was significantly better than Sheff United's last year.

The issue with kdh is not so much his attacking output (which is replaceable ) but his defensive work re pressing..  We will struggle to find someone who can contribute in both directions as he did. 

16 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Loan moves suck.  We still on the hook for wages and his book values winds down till he can leave in a free.  Just fire sale him

we often get a fee for a loan which can offset the depreciation in value.  Plus we would have agreed for Sheff United to at least pay SOME of his wages. And if he plays well, we might get a decent offer- better offer than someone taking a punt on him having only played in our reserves..

Not all loans are doom and gloom.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

Bearing in mind we are again likely to be vulnerable at corners with Mads' height, I'm surprised he wasn't handed a chance.

And one look at the video from Brentford and Newcastle away in the relegation run in shows how valuable he can be in a low block. 

It's been a disaster for him. I wish him well. But Sheff Utd really is the pits of a.move. Total knackers yard for players. They play the same old garbage Yorkshire players and Yorkshire managers for decades; Billy Sharp and that fella Chris someone at the back. 

55 minutes ago, MPH said:

we often get a fee for a loan which can offset the depreciation in value.  Plus we would have agreed for Sheff United to at least pay SOME of his wages. And if he plays well, we might get a decent offer- better offer than someone taking a punt on him having only played in our reserves..

Not all loans are doom and gloom.

agree - but a fire sale would be a better option - we are not loaning him out to develop him are we?

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

agree - but a fire sale would be a better option - we are not loaning him out to develop him are we?

No I suspect we’re loaning him out as a better option to us keeping him and not using him, and nobody else is willing to pay his book value/cover his wages.

27 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

we don’t need to loan him out to develop him, we need to loan him out for him to get exposure and get some games. Bigger chance of getting a decent fee if he’s had some games under his belt.

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

No I suspect we’re loaning him out as a better option to us keeping him and not using him, and nobody else is willing to pay his book value/cover his wages.

Cover his wages

... this is the mistake we made

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Poor signing, this. Absolute panic buy

I remember being hyped about getting him because Danny Murphy raved about him at the World Cup

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I remember being hyped about getting him because Danny Murphy raved about him at the World Cup

That's the point you should have started worrying, mate lol

• Haha 1

was only ever going to be a loan- we cannot afford to take a loss on him because of ffp- same scenario with soumare - we paid 12 for him didnt we so his book value 18 months on is probably still 5m and nobody was going to pay that- this way it just kicks it down the can and next year his value will be nearly zero so any sale would be profit

5 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Bet he can’t wait to finally get shot of us…can’t say I blame him

Nah, get paid the best money of your career for sitting on your arse and correct me if I'm wrong but has being frozen out here affected his selection for the matilda's??