Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lewis wc

Season card fee charitable donation

So 10k  paid for a card, and with concessions receiving for free, so at least 50% are still on cards, so clearly people

want cards. And for what!! 250k! And of course the resale revenue they will try and get.

Oh, and 250k pays Danny Ward for just over a month!

• Like 1

I get that groups were calling for this info and rghtly so but seeing this I just thought "oh **** off Leicester" 

Unfortunately it is now just another reminder of them taking the piss. 

I'd almost got over it 😂

Edited by gw_leics772

8 minutes ago, RYM said:

Is this even legal. Forced “donations”. 

Interesting in the story it says “fee” not donation, so again, what’s the fee for? Etc etc etc

Well, it’s not. A fee has been paid for the physical card and the club have pledged to donate the revenue to a charity. 

If I’m paid my salary and I donate a percentage of it to a charity, my employer doesn’t consider it their own donation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Well, it’s not. A fee has been paid for the physical card and the club have pledged to donate the revenue to a charity. 

If I’m paid my salary and I donate a percentage of it to a charity, my employer doesn’t consider it their own donation. 

Think you hit the nail on the head here. As they are calling it a 'fee' and not a donation there is no wrong doing by the club in that sense. 

The fact they have made fans pay £25 for the club in the first place is the thing that is wrong. 

• Like 1

Club are intent on going digital. 

This won't make a jot of difference for future seasons, sadly. Not to say that the fan groups haven't done well, but club are so driven to go digital that next season they'll just force it, and not even have physical card as an option. 

They'll just use the excuse that enough fans by their standards are opting for mobile and we're 'moving in that direction'. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Club are intent on going digital. 

This won't make a jot of difference for future seasons, sadly. Not to say that the fan groups haven't done well, but club are so driven to go digital that next season they'll just force it, and not even have physical card as an option. 

They'll just use the excuse that enough fans by their standards are opting for mobile and we're 'moving in that direction'. 

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out as that for me is a statement by the fans. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out as that for me is a statement by the fans. 

I 100% agree. I'm not trying to diminish or negate what the fans have done. Just that I think the club have such a hard on for going mobile that whatever happens/happened this season, they'll still push ahead with mobile ticketing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

It’d be great if the service actually worked. Been trying to add Rainbows for 10 minutes

Did you have to complete the endless jigsaw puzzles too? Didn’t work for me either so I gave up. They can split it between the 4 for me.

Not working.

I wonder if that's the plan with the physical cards, they wont work so you're forced to go digital until they've fixed them.:teehee:

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Are they still going to use the clappers?..

I would think so. The saving of the environment fad is over and the 8 months without clappers made all the difference. 

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Are they still going to use the clappers?..

This is actually a good point!

The club state that electronic ticketing on mobile devices are part of their sustainability drive. But how can they possibly justify the cringe clappers if sustainability is such a big issue.

Weird.. obviously doesn't fit the rhetoric!!

Booooo