Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lewis wc

Season card fee charitable donation

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Again, it's not entirely to do with cost. It's a price point they hoped would be enough to push more people digital. 

They will go digital, it's not going to stop. They want control over the peope going to games, they want the money from ticket resales (where they get paid for the same ticket twice). 

If people are honest, they want a physical card as it keeps that power in their own hands. Being able to sell a ticket to a mate when you can't go, or passing it off to someone. Digital takes that away. 

Just buy a cheap smart phone that contains all the tickets and pass that around friends and family. There’s always a work around. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

2.77 seconds for me - I failed on my first attempt! I have to question sometimes as to whether I am in fact a robot 

You're not but they'd like you and all fellow fans to be robotic.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And what's wrong with that? Been a part of football culture for years?

It's against the law. But the law is a total ass.

It's 'illegal' for me to sell my unused rail ticket to you. But it's perfectly legal for a foreign-owned money laundering pension fund operation to sell a rail ticket to me for £107.96 to go 78 miles north in a straight line as an example of the law being an ass

14 hours ago, davieG said:

Not working.

I wonder if that's the plan with the physical cards, they wont work so you're forced to go digital until they've fixed them.:teehee:

I did not renew due to this card charge.

Just recently had an E mail from the club titled, Have your say on the men's match day experience, basically it say's have your say at the next 90 minutes which will take place at the club, early evening midweek where I'll get to meet the supporters engagement team on a range of issues, they also remind me that the club do appointments to show people how to use mobile tickets

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FoxesFlyer said:

Just buy a cheap smart phone that contains all the tickets and pass that around friends and family. There’s always a work around. 

People are boderline psychotic about £10 for a friendly and £25 for a plastic card... I'm going to hazard a guess they don't want that expense. lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Has anyone actually managed to select their charity of choice yet? Just seems to be going round in an endless cycle of the puzzle.

We're clearly all failing by showing that we're not robots which is what the club wants us to be!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Has anyone actually managed to select their charity of choice yet? Just seems to be going round in an endless cycle of the puzzle.

Nope. I'm on the jigsaw cycle too. 

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

Club are intent on going digital. 

This won't make a jot of difference for future seasons, sadly. Not to say that the fan groups haven't done well, but club are so driven to go digital that next season they'll just force it, and not even have physical card as an option. 

They'll just use the excuse that enough fans by their standards are opting for mobile and we're 'moving in that direction'. 

I sent them an email when the fee charge was announced detailing the reasons a mobile ticket would be impractical for me I didn't at that point mention the charge (even though I think it is exorbitant). In their response they ignored every point I made and I got a one word reply that said, "The club would prefer you didn't pay the £25 and took the free mobile ticket".  

Ignoring all the points I made and focusing on the charge that I didn't even mention.

If they move to purely digital tickets I will struggle especially at night games due to being unable to charge my phone at work and the travel it takes to get there.

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I sent them an email when the fee charge was announced detailing the reasons a mobile ticket would be impractical for me I didn't at that point mention the charge (even though I think it is exorbitant). In their response they ignored every point I made and I got a one word reply that said, "The club would prefer you didn't pay the £25 and took the free mobile ticket".  

Ignoring all the points I made and focusing on the charge that I didn't even mention.

If they move to purely digital tickets I will struggle especially at night games due to being unable to charge my phone at work and the travel it takes to get there.

Yep, I think many of us got similar responses. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone actually been able to successfully put their charity donation choice through? 

Just tried again now and getting the same errors. 

No mate. But we are a Premier League club on the pitch and Beazer Homes off it. 

Champions of jigsaws, you’ll never sing that..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone actually been able to successfully put their charity donation choice through? 

Just tried again now and getting the same errors. 

Nope same here - endless cycle of puzzles - the Leicester way