Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lewis wc

Season card fee charitable donation

The way they say "there's been a four fold increase" in mobile tickets like people have rushed to get them as a preference, when it's quite obvious the increase is because they were being charged for physical cards in the first place. It's a bit manipulating tbh.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

The way they say "there's been a four fold increase" in mobile tickets like people have rushed to get them as a preference, when it's quite obvious the increase is because they were being charged for physical cards in the first place. It's a bit manipulating tbh.

Comms director has a future in politics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScotFox1 said:

This is actually a good point!

The club state that electronic ticketing on mobile devices are part of their sustainability drive. But how can they possibly justify the cringe clappers if sustainability is such a big issue.

Weird.. obviously doesn't fit the rhetoric!!

Booooo

Which we all know is absolute tosh. I've been charged £25 and have had a new plastic card issued. I had a perfectly good card that could've just been reactivated, like every other year. 

I'm very pleased to see the uptake of physical tickets so high, despite the charge. Plus, there must be another 5-6k in concessions and kids. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Are they still going to use the clappers?..

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I would think so. The saving of the environment fad is over and the 8 months without clappers made all the difference. 

They should release a clapper app that plays a sound as you wave your phone about.

Every minute of phone waving could charge the user £1 to go towards Rudkin's leaving gift.

I'm an ideas guy.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I had a perfectly good card that could've just been reactivated, like every other year. 

FBS are not our sponsors any more so had to be removed from the older version. 

It did not need to cost £25, though. 

I don't know about others. But I like having the card, as silly as it seems it's just a little something I like seeing in my wallet when I open it. 

Yes I'm sad and have it right at the front 🙂

I hope the club get the message and continue with the cards. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

right? like gonna be honest, I ended up going to the mobile ticket simply because I had some other stuff going on in my life and didn't find time to do the card before the deadline, willing to bet I'm not the only one. they tried to force the issue and 70% of the fanbase still found the time to tell them to get ****ed, and there'll be a proportion of that 30% that think the club should get ****ed but missed the boat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I've got tippex. I could've sorted that.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Again, it's not entirely to do with cost. It's a price point they hoped would be enough to push more people digital. 

They will go digital, it's not going to stop. They want control over the peope going to games, they want the money from ticket resales (where they get paid for the same ticket twice). 

If people are honest, they want a physical card as it keeps that power in their own hands. Being able to sell a ticket to a mate when you can't go, or passing it off to someone. Digital takes that away. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Again, it's not entirely to do with cost. It's a price point they hoped would be enough to push more people digital. 

They will go digital, it's not going to stop. They want control over the peope going to games, they want the money from ticket resales (where they get paid for the same ticket twice). 

If people are honest, they want a physical card as it keeps that power in their own hands. Being able to sell a ticket to a mate when you can't go, or passing it off to someone. Digital takes that away. 

And what's wrong with that? Been a part of football culture for years?

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And what's wrong with that? Been a part of football culture for years?

Where did I say there was anything wrong with it? I would want a physical card for exactly that reason myself, we all go on holiday and get ill and can’t go down  don’t we.**

But the reality of it’s actually against the terms of your ticket and has been for a long time. So in the eyes of the club, there is something wrong with it. 

** That said, there are also sadly a significant number of people holding onto tickets and just selling them off for most of the season. The season ticket seats near me used to change weekly, with the actual named owners only appearing for big games. Stuff like that really isn’t right when people can’t get a season ticket and want to go each week.

14 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Lies damned lies and statistics.