Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Gabriel Sara - gone to Galatasaray

I despair with us, I really do.

I have a theory that is probably wrong but could the reason we have gone from offering £20m + for Soule and £15m for Sosa to nothing because we anticipated Hermansen to go to Chelsea for big money and he hasn't. 

Now we're in a spot.

• Like 2

Interesting that the only club actually going for him is Galatasaray, you would think a lot of teams in the top leagues would be going for him rather than the best move he can get being the Turkish league

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

Interesting that the only club actually going for him is Galatasaray, you would think a lot of teams in the top leagues would be going for him rather than the best move he can get being the Turkish league

That league is having somewhat of a golden period, it's not just high profile players put of favour at top 5 European clubs joining any longer. The only possible red flag with Sara is his lack of pace, he's similar to Tielemans in that regard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

That league is having somewhat of a golden period, it's not just high profile players put of favour at top 5 European clubs joining any longer. The only possible red flag with Sara is his lack of pace, he's similar to Tielemans in that regard.

I think it probably helps that it looks like the bigger Turkish teams are throwing quite a bit of wage money around to attract these players - potentially around the same if not more than what we would offer

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I think it probably helps that it looks like the bigger Turkish teams are throwing quite a bit of wage money around to attract these players - potentially around the same if not more than what we would offer

Think £50-60k is still an above average salary even at the top Turkish clubs but some are paying certain players £100k a week or so.

Have the club any ambition of staying in the Premier? Or have they just resigned themselves to be relegated?

Even with the points deduction they don’t seem bothered. No wonder Potter wouldn’t come here, it just seems the club have given up 🤷‍♀️

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have a theory that is probably wrong but could the reason we have gone from offering £20m + for Soule and £15m for Sosa to nothing because we anticipated Hermansen to go to Chelsea for big money and he hasn't. 

Now we're in a spot.

It’s the only logical reason I’ve seen so far. 

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Now we're in a spot.

I don't believe that.

Those numbers are tiny from a amortisation point of view, 20m over 5 years is 4m.

2 and 2 and getting 22.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Have the club any ambition of staying in the Premier? Or have they just resigned themselves to be relegated?

Even with the points deduction they don’t seem bothered. No wonder Potter wouldn’t come here, it just seems the club have given up 🤷‍♀️

It's starting to look a lot like a year of just accumulating as much PL money as possible and then trying to be a competitive football team further down the line.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I saw him play several times last season and looks an outstanding player but he is slow.and that’s a red flag to PL recruitment.

He should do really well in a continental league and maybe even internationally but we are so obsessed with ”pace” we are

unable to utilise his kind of qualities.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Now we're in a spot.

probably the stolarcyk injury not helped…

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't believe that.

Those numbers are tiny from a amortisation point of view, 20m over 5 years is 4m.

2 and 2 and getting 22.

I was more coming at it from having to sell an asset to cover the wage bill and meet PSR. 

Buying another £50m of players, as you say is only £10m on PSR for 24/25 accounts but perhaps we need another big sale to get 4-5 more in to cover their wages.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I was more coming at it from having to sell an asset to cover the wage bill and meet PSR. 

Buying another £50m of players, as you say is only £10m on PSR for 24/25 accounts but perhaps we need another big sale to get 4-5 more in to cover their wages.

Have ran some sums over the summer, best on some assumptions. (Yes I'm that sad), I think we are we have some decent head room wages and amortisation wise).

I just think we aren't that attractive, it'd hard work to convince players to come without over paying on fees and wages.

I'd rather go as we are than buy a load of average dead wood.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Now we're in a spot.

You may very well be right, particularly in view of our reported recent interest in other goalkeepers which would seem unnecessary without a Mads sale.

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Have ran some sums over the summer, best on some assumptions. (Yes I'm that sad), I think we are we have some decent head room wages and amortisation wise).

I just think we aren't that attractive, it'd hard work to convince players to come without over paying on fees and wages.

I'd rather go as we are than buy a load of average dead wood.

I'm not convinced by the "unattractive" tag.

The Prem is surely still the most attractive league in the world.  There are only 20 teams in it.  We appear to be able still to offer higher salaries than other leagues,

Possible downers -

- no European football, but then that applies to all but a chosen few

- high possibility of relegation, but a player that has performed well will be the immediate focus of a bid from a surviving prem team, and will be a good value buy as clubs can play low ball with a relegated team

- points deduduction; I don't think this is as relevant as some think because (a) I don't think it will be as steep as many fear and (a) the worst consequence of that would be relegation, which is not of much concern for the player's future for the reason given above.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

gala are a bigger team that us, european football too, no surprise some of these teams are looking at quality in championship etc, know they can potentially make a profit and will help their squad as well.

shame we arent as proactive, we seem like we go backwards