Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Gabriel Sara - gone to Galatasaray

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We would need to move fast on this one.

Leeds are selling Summerville to WHU

Looking at Sara as a replacement

C'mon City FFS, this is such an obvious one. Just get it done you tw@ts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just let it go. We've likely already decided Mcateer is our KDH replacement.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just let it go. We've likely already decided Mcateer is our KDH replacement.

Or Gareth Barry. - Only 43 years old. Would be cheap and has EPL experience.

• Haha 3

If Leeds get him that would be shocking. He is exactly what we need and he would clearly prefer to make the step up to the PL rather than another team in the championship. If he goes there it would mean that we arent even looking at him seriously as a target which would be very worrying.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If Leeds get him that would be shocking. He is exactly what we need and he would clearly prefer to make the step up to the PL rather than another team in the championship. If he goes there it would mean that we arent even looking at him seriously as a target which would be very worrying.

big if mind, would Norwich really want to sell to a "rival", weaken themselves and strengthen leeds?
I doubt it, unless they got a stupid bid,

33 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

i genuinely believe there are players steering clear of us because of our impending points deduction. It might not be this guy.. but I’m sure some of them are..

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

i genuinely believe there are players steering clear of us because of our impending points deduction. It might not be this guy.. but I’m sure some of them are..

Yeah man it'd be much better to sign for a Championship club than one that might get a points deduction that could possibly lead them to get relegated to, *checks notes*, the Championship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah man it'd be much better to sign for a Championship club than one that might get a points deduction that could possibly lead them to get relegated to, *checks notes*, the Championship. 

come on, finners. Read my post properly. I even said it might not be this guy..

besides, I never said he’d signed for Leeds, I explained why he might not sign for us.

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I agree. I think all players who want to be top 10 contenders will not come to us because of the potential points deduction and a likely relegation battle that ends in relegation. In Saras' case he could come here and in 1 year back in the EFL or go to leeds and be in the EPL in one year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf only one was Soule, and he wanted Roma anyway, only one you could say has

and he specifically said we have no football project. But we won’t get to hear of every offer we make and get rejected. 

but it’s a fair point surely? We are expecting a supposedly record points deduction  and that will make some people nervous about joining us. Especially if there are comparable or more enticing offers around..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I agree. I think all players who want to be top 10 contenders will not come to us because of the potential points deduction and a likely relegation battle that ends in relegation. In Saras' case he could come here and in 1 year back in the EFL or go to leeds and be in the EPL in one year.

Leeds are never a shoe in to go up. Considering they've lost summerville they could easily do another 5 years in the championship. 

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

and he specifically said we have no football project. But we won’t get to hear of every offer we make and get rejected. 

but it’s a fair point surely? We are expecting a supposedly record points deduction  and that will make some people nervous about joining us. Especially if there are comparable or more enticing offers around..

People are reading far to much into that lol

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People are reading far to much into that lol

I took it as meaning  that we couldn’t match the standard that he wanted to play in . I mean, he didn’t even want to listen to our offer

Just now, MPH said:

I took it as meaning  that we couldn’t match the standard that he wanted to play in . I mean, he didn’t even want to listen to our offer

Unless the guy clarity it nobody can know, its a throw away comment.....

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unless the guy clarity it nobody can know, its a throw away comment.....

well, we were not an interesting project to him. It would be impossible to rule out that things like our supposed record  points deduction didn’t play a part in that. Or the fact we couldn’t offer the level of football Roma will be playing at this season.  

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I think we are only 2 players away from having a competitive team that could stay up. A left sided KDH replacement and an attacking centre midfielder. Both would need to bring goals with them.

Think we'll struggle to stay up without signing another striker, Daka, Cannon and a 38 year old Vardy will probably struggle to score 15 goals between them over 38 PL games.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I agree with this to be fair. Who wants to sign on a long term contract for a team that might be about to be relegated before the season starts? (And possibly be punished again in the Championship.)

Due to PSR, long contracts are almost mandatory. That means picking a well run cohesive club is important. Any player with potential won't want to be held back by the club screwing around. And we've been screwing around for years. 

I think we need to accept that, of the prem teams, we are the 20th most desirable. As much as it hurts to say.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

This.

I wish people would stop talking about us like this club no one wants to play for and saying we are skint. Neither of which are true.

A year in the Premier League is massive exposure for a player. They'll all be getting release clauses if we go down. Those two factors mean more to the vast majority of players than signing for any Championship club.

Not to mention things like wages and our infrastructure being much better than any championship team.

It feels like it's just much easier to say everything's doomed. I guarantee the same people saying all this are the ones who said we wouldn't go up and probably get double relegation last summer. 

Only need to look at Hamer still moving to Sheff Utd when they were also absolutely in shit at the time (no points deduction but still having to sell off all of their best players)

• Like 1