Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Gabriel Sara - gone to Galatasaray

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No PL was interested enough which tell you a lot.

No PL club was interested enough in Gyokeres and look how that turned out. Could easily be the same situation with Sara where he's worth £20mil now and £60mil come Christmas time. Arguably the best player in the championship last season.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, honeybradger said:

No PL club was interested enough in Gyokeres and look how that turned out. Could easily be the same situation with Sara where he's worth £20mil now and £60mil come Christmas time. Arguably the best player in the championship last season.

Championship is criminally underrated from the perspective of premier league clubs which I find crazy personally. The championship and bundersliga in my opinion are the two leagues most similar to the premier league from a tempo perspective.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Championship is criminally underrated from the perspective of premier league clubs which I find crazy personally. The championship and bundersliga in my opinion are the two leagues most similar to the premier league from a tempo perspective. 

But then a lot of people say that the jump from the championship to the premier League is huge! Cooper has mentioned it several times in his interviews.

4 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

But then a lot of people say that the jump from the championship to the premier League is huge! Cooper has mentioned it several times in his interviews.

In terms of the overall quality of teams you face yes. But if you’re a standout player in the championship and performed against the top boys of the league that year, you’ll likely have a good career in the premier league if given the chance.

The problem is the only ones that give them a chance are teams favourites for relegation so the player themselves jumps between leagues and isn’t able to truly show their worth in a good premier league team.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I'm pretty sure he'll not be with 60m.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In terms of the overall quality of teams you face yes. But if you’re a standout player in the championship and performed against the top boys of the league that year, you’ll likely have a good career in the premier league if given the chance.

The problem is the only ones that give them a chance are teams favourites for relegation so the player themselves jumps between leagues and isn’t able to truly show their worth in a good premier league team.

Crystal Palace being the exception?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm pretty sure he'll not be with 60m.

Based on what? He got 13 goals 12 assists last season despite being Norwich's deepest midfielder for the first half of the season. There aren't many players even in top flight football with the same skillset as him. His passing, shooting and set piece delivery are all excellent.

17 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Based on what? He got 13 goals 12 assists last season despite being Norwich's deepest midfielder for the first half of the season. There aren't many players even in top flight football with the same skillset as him. His passing, shooting and set piece delivery are all excellent.

OK how long do you think it will be before he's sold for 60m? 

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

OK how long do you think it will be before he's sold for 60m? 

You don't need to be sold to be worth 60mil. Ollie Watkins went from a 20 mil championship player and he's worth 60 mil now despite staying at Villa, Bowen is probably worth 50 mil off the back of a 20 mil championship sale, Gyokeres has an 80 mil price tag but is probably not going to be sold as he's a 60 mil player. There's been plenty of players that were the best in the championship who went on to be very valuable. If Sara performs in the CL for Galatasaray and proves himself as one of the best in Europe then he's a 60 mil player even if he doesnt get sold.

On the other side we spent £11m on Okoli, £15mil on Faes, Kristiansen, Souttar etc but the price we paid for them doesnt mean it's their value.

31 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

On the other side we spent £11m

Did we - I thought the total was €13m which included quite a comprehensive package of add ons? I was under the impression, the initial fee was about €6-8m 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

You don't need to be sold to be worth 60mil. Ollie Watkins went from a 20 mil championship player and he's worth 60 mil now despite staying at Villa, Bowen is probably worth 50 mil off the back of a 20 mil championship sale, Gyokeres has an 80 mil price tag but is probably not going to be sold as he's a 60 mil player. There's been plenty of players that were the best in the championship who went on to be very valuable. If Sara performs in the CL for Galatasaray and proves himself as one of the best in Europe then he's a 60 mil player even if he doesnt get sold.

On the other side we spent £11m on Okoli, £15mil on Faes, Kristiansen, Souttar etc but the price we paid for them doesnt mean it's their value.

Your worth what someone is willing to pay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maguire was worth £80 mil then? Danny ward worth £12 mil? Vardy worth £1mil? Just because someone underpays or overpays for a player doesnt make it their value, it's what the player provides on the pitch that determines their value.

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maguire was worth £80 mil then? Danny ward worth £12 mil? Vardy worth £1mil? Just because someone underpays or overpays for a player doesnt make it their value, it's what the player provides on the pitch that determines their value.

Of course, at that time, with the buyer in question, then yes.

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

hmm… it could be argued that it’s just your opinion that Maguire wasn’t worth 80m, but he was to Man United. Just because you didn’t value him that highly doesn’t mean someone shouldn’t.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It comes back to my original point I made before pre season even started.

Spending large sums of money doesn’t equal success. 

If we sign Allison, De Bruyne, Messi, Ronaldo into our academy as 17 year olds, we aren’t paying that. 

Football is sort of changing l, largely due to PSR I believe, so transfer fees will come back down.

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay. However one man’s junk, is another man’s gold. 

You could spent £200m on me, it doesn’t offer value for money though. Although I’d likely score more than 25 goals over 250 appearances (I’m looking at you Ayew). 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry @honeybradger that a silly argument. Was Vardy worth more than £1 million when we bought him? Absolutely not. Was he worth way more eventually? Damn right. His eventual value does not define his historic one.

and, honestly, with his age and struggling with injury, he’s probably worth less than that at this moment!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

We are just terrible at recruitment though mate that’s the difference.

We are handicapped by our boards lack of football knowledge and a clown with a very brown nose running the football side.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry @honeybradger that a silly argument. Was Vardy worth more than £1 million when we bought him? Absolutely not. Was he worth way more eventually? Damn right. His eventual value does not define his historic one.

You have just agreed with me @Dahnsouff. A player's value is not defined by what clubs pay for them but by their performance on the pitch. I was just using the last transfer values of players to show that what clubs pay for a player does not define their real value.

Edited by honeybradger

Just now, honeybradger said:

You have just agreed with me @Dahnsouff. A player's value is not defined by what clubs pay for them but by their performance on the pitch.

I haven’t, the key word I used is eventual. You are conflating success on the pitch to historic value.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I haven’t, the key word I used is eventual. You are conflating success on the pitch to historic value.

52 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No one paid any more than £1mil for Vardy though. Does that mean he was never worth more than £1mil? Of course not, therefore the point that Coolhandfox made that Sara needs a £60mil transfer to be worth £60mil is incorrect, you aren't arguing against me, you are arguing tangentially to me for no reason.