Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2024/25

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4067821/silko-thomas-joins-wigan-on-loan?fbclid=IwY2xjawEQkGJleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHVORI3hEvI3Ge6ItNucGjKQ3UDd4yAPS7LP64JKrrbIgJ5J2oVdyzh9ZwQ_aem_mY5Mp8nWA7SUXZFDg2zP3g&lang=en

Exciting young winger Silko Thomas has joined Sky Bet League One side Wigan Athletic on loan for the 2024/25 season, subject to league approval.
- Silko Thomas to spend 2024/25 season on loan at Wigan Athletic
- Twenty-year-old joined City in 2023 and has impressed at Under-21s level

The 20-year-old joined City in September 2023 after spending time with Chelsea’s academy and was a regular for the Club’s Under-21s last term, featuring on 19 occasions in all competitions, scoring six goals.

His progress saw him named in the matchday squads for the First Team in the fourth and fifth round of Emirates FA Cup victories over Birmingham City and AFC Bournemouth respectively.

That development will now continue with the Latics as they look to build on their 12th place finish in Sky Bet League One last season.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/premier-league-signing-concludes-18-month-chase-admits-wigan-athletic-chief-4718697

Shaun Maloney has revealed Wigan Athletic's capture of exciting forward Silko Thomas can be traced back 18 months.
The 20-year-old, who came through the ranks at Chelsea, has joined Latics on a season-long loan from Premier League new-boys Leicester City.

But had Maloney had his way, Thomas would have joined Latics last summer when he left Chelsea, instead of joining up with the Foxes.

Silko Thomas puts pen to paper on a season-long loan from Leicester
"The backstory to this is very interesting...I knew all about him when I came here 18 months ago," said the Latics boss. "I'd already watched Silko in the Youth Champions League, so I knew all about him, and the attributes he had.

"The situation we were going through last summer...if we'd been more stable, I would have tried to sign him before Leicester got him.

"He had an amazing season last year with Leicester's Under-21s, Stevie (Gormal) our head of recruitment went watching him a number of times, and we could see him progress through the year.

"To add contact to that position, we've been really unfortunate with the injury to Michael, who is also super talented, and will be back in a few months.

"We've also had some knocks with Jonny Smith and Calum McManaman but, even without all that, we needed to add another one to improve the competition.

“When Silko became available, we made sure we did it quite quickly. He is a very exciting player who can play on the left and right-wing, as well as in the No.10 position, and I believe he will be well-suited to our playing style."

Thomas has played at the Brick Community Stadium before - for Leicester Under-21s in their 6-1 defeat here last season.

"It's a very proud moment for me and my family," said Thomas. "It was easy for me to come here knowing the manager has wanted me for over 18 months. I want to do my best and show everyone what I am capable of."

Latics sporting director Gregor Rioch added: "Silko is someone who we have admired for a long time.

"We have worked very hard over the summer to get him here and we believe that Silko will be a fantastic addition to our squad. I am looking forward to seeing how he performs in a Latics shirt this season."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/premier-league-signing-concludes-18-month-chase-admits-wigan-athletic-chief-4718697

Shaun Maloney has revealed Wigan Athletic's capture of exciting forward Silko Thomas can be traced back 18 months.
The 20-year-old, who came through the ranks at Chelsea, has joined Latics on a season-long loan from Premier League new-boys Leicester City.

But had Maloney had his way, Thomas would have joined Latics last summer when he left Chelsea, instead of joining up with the Foxes.

"The backstory to this is very interesting...I knew all about him when I came here 18 months ago," said the Latics boss. "I'd already watched Silko in the Youth Champions League, so I knew all about him, and the attributes he had.

"The situation we were going through last summer...if we'd been more stable, I would have tried to sign him before Leicester got him.

"He had an amazing season last year with Leicester's Under-21s, Stevie (Gormal) our head of recruitment went watching him a number of times, and we could see him progress through the year.

"To add contact to that position, we've been really unfortunate with the injury to Michael, who is also super talented, and will be back in a few months.

"We've also had some knocks with Jonny Smith and Calum McManaman but, even without all that, we needed to add another one to improve the competition.

“When Silko became available, we made sure we did it quite quickly. He is a very exciting player who can play on the left and right-wing, as well as in the No.10 position, and I believe he will be well-suited to our playing style."

Thomas has played at the Brick Community Stadium before - for Leicester Under-21s in their 6-1 defeat here last season.

"It's a very proud moment for me and my family," said Thomas. "It was easy for me to come here knowing the manager has wanted me for over 18 months. I want to do my best and show everyone what I am capable of."

Latics sporting director Gregor Rioch added: "Silko is someone who we have admired for a long time.

"We have worked very hard over the summer to get him here and we believe that Silko will be a fantastic addition to our squad. I am looking forward to seeing how he performs in a Latics shirt this season."

That's so pleasing to hear. He is going to really get an opportunity at Wigan who have a great manager and some really talented young players. Thelo Aasgaard being the one I've been monitoring most.

• Like 2

Silko Thomas out injured for a few weeks

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-rocked-by-fresh-duo-ko-for-big-kick-off-against-charlton-athletic-4727950

"Silko jarred part of his knee in the closing stages last weekend, and it's just really bad luck," said Maloney.

"I don't think he'll make Charlton, Barnsley or Reading, which is obviously tough luck for us."

• Sad 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Silko Thomas out injured for a few weeks

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-rocked-by-fresh-duo-ko-for-big-kick-off-against-charlton-athletic-4727950

"Silko jarred part of his knee in the closing stages last weekend, and it's just really bad luck," said Maloney.

"I don't think he'll make Charlton, Barnsley or Reading, which is obviously tough luck for us."

Take the player out of Seagrave but you can't take Seagrave out of the player

What are the rules on loans for us? We’ve been linked by Tier 1 sources to loan deals for Zaha, Bilal Toure and Buonanate. Can we do all of those deals? I thought you could only have 2 loans at any one time in the prem? 

Turkish media is making last minute reports that Leicester and Galatasaray agreed to a loan deal for Zaha. The financial details are not given yet. Zaha's yearly salary was 8.8 million euro and they say most of it will be payed by Leicester.