Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2024/25

Nobody can tell me Cooper is someone that promotes youth from within. That'll be Cover, Nelson, Wanya-Marcal, Braybrooke and Alves all looking likely to leave on loan? I'm all for them getting first team action but some of these moves stink. Wanya - Marcel to a 2nd tier dutch side?? There are crap sides in the actual Eredivisie he could join!

I hope we have a good rep checking in on WMM at De Graafschap, literally in the middle of ****ing nowhere, Division 2 dutch side. Really very odd loan move that, amazed he's agreed to it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I hope we have a good rep checking in on WMM at De Graafschap, literally in the middle of ****ing nowhere, Division 2 dutch side. Really very odd loan move that, amazed he's agreed to it. 

Pop. 58270 in 2021

3 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Nobody can tell me Cooper is someone that promotes youth from within. That'll be Cover, Nelson, Wanya-Marcal, Braybrooke and Alves all looking likely to leave on loan? I'm all for them getting first team action but some of these moves stink. Wanya - Marcel to a 2nd tier dutch side?? There are crap sides in the actual Eredivisie he could join!

seriously people bitch and complain that players don't get loaned out enough now people are bitching we are loaning them out, unless they are good enough to start for us, which they aren't, yet, loaning them out is better for them. 

All of our best recent youth products had a loan spell before becoming a regular in the side, the last who didn't was Andy King I think.

Only Nelson of those linked with a loan move is close to the first team and even then he has 4 other defenders in front of him.

we don't know what offers Wanya had, but I'd rather he took an offer at a lower level where he will start over going to a higher level side where he won't

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

seriously people bitch and complain that players don't get loaned out enough

You are conflating what some people may have said to what I'm saying? Not sure how you've put 2+2 together there and got 5 by hey-ho!

I was merely making a comment on the misnomer of Cooper developing internal youth.

I think its best if hes not going to play them to get them out on loan, but some moves seem better than others. Cannon to Stoke and Nelson to Oxford should be decent!

I think for young players, the most important part is that they play and play to a standard where they develop.

We will have recall options so if they are not playing or the league is too easy, we can reassess in Jan.

Just good to see youth loaned out rather than dross we can’t sell on a massive wedge (there is some of that also!)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

There are still some transfer windows open in other countries, but this is how it currently looks after tonight

Championship:

Harry Souttar - Sheffield United

Tom Cannon - Stoke City

Ben Nelson - Oxford United

League One:

Silko Thomas - Wigan Athletic

Amani Richards - Exeter City

League Two:

Brandon Cover - Port Vale

Chris Popov - Barrow

National League:

Brad Young - Hartlepool United

Scottish Prem:

Sammy Braybrooke - Dundee

Eerste Divisie:

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua - De Graafschap

Just a shame Alves didn’t get a loan, I hope we know what we’re doing with that lad. It’s either a massive vote of confidence and he’ll work his way into match day squads, or another wasted 5 months with only minutes in the league cup.

Holding out for a Leuven loan, another week till they close 

1 minute ago, Lad1966 said:

Is there a reason why Will Alves hasn’t gone out loan?

is the loan market still open after the transfer deadline?

Transfer window is still open for a few more days in some other countries like Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands so he could go on loan there

Some excellent development opportunities at good levels for a number of them there such as Cannan, Nelson and Braybrooke but also Richards, Thomas, Popov and Cover at good levels within the pyramid. If we go down, hopefully we have some good young players on the back of strong seasons to slot in. Only disappointing one is nothing for Alves as yet.

Even so, big Huth showing the rest of them at the club how to do things and putting his best personal performance in since ‘that’ free kick!

9 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I know we have criticised some of the dealings but the above is a great step forward in that nearly all of our talented youngsters have been loaned to get game time which is a big step forward - a number of the above could be saleable or squad assets depending upon which division we are in - great work by the loan team!!

The loan team??? Do you think there is a team?? It's only Rudderless and he only negotiates what a club will pay. 

14 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

You are conflating what some people may have said to what I'm saying? Not sure how you've put 2+2 together there and got 5 by hey-ho!

I was merely making a comment on the misnomer of Cooper developing internal youth.

I think its best if hes not going to play them to get them out on loan, but some moves seem better than others. Cannon to Stoke and Nelson to Oxford should be decent!

He doesn't 

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Some excellent development opportunities at good levels for a number of them there such as Cannan, Nelson and Braybrooke but also Richards, Thomas, Popov and Cover at good levels within the pyramid. If we go down, hopefully we have some good young players on the back of strong seasons to slot in. Only disappointing one is nothing for Alves as yet.

Even so, big Huth showing the rest of them at the club how to do things and putting his best personal performance in since ‘that’ free kick!

Huth has done nothing and does nothing except go and watch those on loan. Old boys job.

He's had an easy ride so far but now there's a lot of travelling. 

Loan offers come in (some are drummed up by agents touting)... Players and their agents are notified, player talks to clubs and decides, Rudkin negotiates payments, lawyer's deal with contracts, player signs. 

18 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Nelson and Braybrooke are the only ones to really care about as it stands and both secured decent loan moves away that should, all being well, develop them well.

14 minutes ago, Stormfox said:

Huth has done nothing and does nothing except go and watch those on loan. Old boys job.

He's had an easy ride so far but now there's a lot of travelling. 

Loan offers come in (some are drummed up by agents touting)... Players and their agents are notified, player talks to clubs and decides, Rudkin negotiates payments, lawyer's deal with contracts, player signs. 

You don’t think the loans manager has involvement in getting the young players the right loan in the first place? In truth, none of us know what exactly is involved in the role but my impression would be that he is working on this as well. How do you know he isn’t contacting possible clubs to discuss how they would accommodate our players and to help establish what are likely to be the better options?

Any how, this club has been awful at this for a long time and many of our youngsters don’t get these moves early enough so unless it’s entirely coincidental, it seems he must be having involvement as it has improved since he came into the role.

• Like 1

It’s a good list and the hope would be that one or two of those come back ready to challenge for places in the team and save us some money. Particularly if we’re back in the Championship. 

The two that disappoint me a bit are Braybrooke and Wanya. SB looks one of the closest to first team action so I’d rather have seen him at a top Championship club. Not sure what to think of the WM-M loan. Given that he’s already 21 years old you’d have to say that this loan implies he’s unlikely to make it with us 

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

There are still some transfer windows open in other countries, but this is how it currently looks after tonight

Championship:

Harry Souttar - Sheffield United

Tom Cannon - Stoke City

Ben Nelson - Oxford United

League One:

Silko Thomas - Wigan Athletic

Amani Richards - Exeter City

League Two:

Brandon Cover - Port Vale

Chris Popov - Barrow

National League:

Brad Young - Hartlepool United

Scottish Prem:

Sammy Braybrooke - Dundee

Eerste Divisie:

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua - De Graafschap

Could you put this in the OP, so we can always quickly get an overview over where our guys are.

• Like 1