Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Palermo Friendly

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

There seems to be something with our managers picking Daka over him, and I just don’t know what it is 😂😂

Cannon doesn't get around the pitch well at all or press, seems to struggle to run like Harry Kane does lately but no excuse at his age.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Hopefully this means we dont see a winks, ndidi, soumare midfield in any competitive games this season

We shouldn't be seeing it in friendlies, anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows its a waste of time.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If you listen to the managers post game interview they are training extra seasons and had a heavy one the day before the game not the standard game day -1 session.

Isn't Fatawu a similar age to Alves and Golding? 😂

9 hours ago, Twitcher said:

In fairness to Daka the service was non-existent tonight. We do need another striker, but there was nothing for him to work with.

Soumare didn't do enough.

Winks and Fatawu worked hard.

Fair play to Palermo. They worked hard and were a good team. To say they finished well down Italy's second league, I wasn't really expecting that.

Well done to all who travelled. Was hoping for a bit more...some singing. Not easy when, like where I was sat, there were quite a few Chesterfield fans in to watch.

Well done to Vesty for asking the blokes at the front to move, so the kids could get pictures/autographs. Not that they did. More frustrating that they were Wolves/Spurs fans 🤔🤷

I just don't ever see him reading the game well, particularly not anticipating through balls, he just hasn't got that natural instinct all good strikers have, his finishing for most of the time is also very poor. It's difficult to find an alternative role for him as it seems the message from above is to play him, he has been used to run around in midfield to break up play as he is quick but his passing isn't fantastic either.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't Fatawu a similar age to Alves and Golding? 😂

I was talking about Hermansen minutes, which is why I made the bit bold as per screenshot

Personally I would have shared Soumare minutes between Alves and Golding.

I assume we are looking at selling Soumare and Cooper wanted to have one last look at him before agreeing.

At the moment the only creative players we have in the squad is Fatawu, Mavididi, Alves and Golding, we must busting a nut to get a couple of creative players in.

Screenshot_20240727-104344_Chrome.jpg

Edited by coolhandfox

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Cannon doesn't get around the pitch well at all or press, seems to struggle to run like Harry Kane does lately but no excuse at his age.

You think? Can’t say I’ve noticed that. He found the back of the net more often than not when he started though.

Daka can run sure, but where is the finishing? Might be better switching to 100m sprint 😂

Next game I want to see us try 

Mads 

JJ 

Coady 

Faes

Kristiansen

Winks 

Ndidi 

Ricardo 

Fatawu

Vardy

Mavididi

With our lack of centre-midfield options currently, think that’s our strongest 11. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

i'm not the only one who see that ricky isn't happy enough

Must be frustrating going from a manager who makes you the focal point of his side to then get promoted and have to play right side of a back 3 because the new man doesn’t play the same system

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Alot of talk about there being no creativity in our midfield, but what do you expect with Cooper playing a combo of Ndidi, Hamza, Winks and Soumare. Our creative players like Alves and Golding are getting a few minutes per game. Cooper needs to give these guys 60mins regularly to see if they can offer anything. I'm not sure why we keep persisting with Soumare, he's just not good enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

This is one of the players I’m actually not fussed about not returning

Get £100 on us to be relegated next season @ 2/5, easiest £40 you'll ever make. We've got no chance of staying up, absolutely atrocious and when we get points deduction odds will be about 1/4

14 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

I understand people giving Cooper the benefit of the doubt, but at this stage we shouldn't be 'trying all sorts'. Looks like he's never seen any of our games (especially Wards). Worried that he's playing Ward as Enzo is going to bid for Mads  and like when Kasper went, Rudkin was clueless as to the consequences.

No preseason is exactly the time to experiment, I will judge him on how we perform in competitive games.

Preseason is all about seeing what you have and how they work In different systems

14 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

I’m really not one to overreact. I like to think I’m quite level headed when it comes to football. Following the Pearson mantra of not getting too high or too low. Yes friendlies are just a fitness exercise, the performance doesn’t overly concern me. We aren’t as well drilled but it’s early days. On the flip side our fitness levels looked high which can be massive, especially at the start of a season

What concerns me is the make up of the squad. It’s 3 weeks till the start of the season and we are so devoid of creativity, and attacking output in the middle of the pitch. We got promoted at the back end of April and over 90 days later our squad is considerably weaker. I get there’s been mitigating factors what with PSR, Maresca leaving, KDH leaving etc, but targets should have been identified and moved for as soon as June ticked over to July and the new accounting period started. To give us the best possible chance to stay up

Yes the window is open for another 5 weeks, but by then the season is well underway. We need to hit the ground running, we have a points deduction hanging over us and every game counts. I just feel we’re massively on the back foot and the squad balance is not right. It’s not actually giving Cooper a chance to implement anything 

We have signed 4 people already

1 hour ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Get £100 on us to be relegated next season @ 2/5, easiest £40 you'll ever make. We've got no chance of staying up, absolutely atrocious and when we get points deduction odds will be about 1/4

That's the spirit......

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Alot of talk about there being no creativity in our midfield, but what do you expect with Cooper playing a combo of Ndidi, Hamza, Winks and Soumare. Our creative players like Alves and Golding are getting a few minutes per game. Cooper needs to give these guys 60mins regularly to see if they can offer anything. I'm not sure why we keep persisting with Soumare, he's just not good enough.

If we go into the season with that midfield including completely unproven attacking players you mention, then god help us.

1 hour ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

I didn't hear no bell

5 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

There seems to be something with our managers picking Daka over him, and I just don’t know what it is 😂😂

Daka is a much better player?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

My mind boggles at only giving Hermansen 45 minutes as well, he didn’t play a minute in the Euro’s so he hardly needs easing in gently, he needs time to get used to playing with the likes of Coady and Okoli. I know it’s early days but I’m already concerned that this appointment is gonna go tits up. 

gives real concern that he sees Ward as a potential starter and is trying both out