Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Palermo Friendly

We desperately need a Raul Jimenez type striker in this system (when he was on fire at Wolves). Someone who scores all types of goals, can link up play and makes intelligent runs. Anyone know one? Anyone? 

Edited by kingpower
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is not me! I'm Anil!

Great bit of analysis to be honest. I always appreciate your insight. 

2 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I get building up when in possession in a back 3 and pushing one of the full backs forward, but he needs to re-think the personnel. Having Ricardo as the right CB is a huge waste and pushing Justin as the attacking full back is also a waste as he is a headless chicken in the oppositions third 

Justin isn’t a headless chicken. He put in a couple of very good crosses and has done so in the past. Ricardo is quick and a very astute defender. That pace is useful at the back and provides cover for some of our more sedate CBs. As you say it’s just pre season and this is the time to try things out with different personnel as we funnel towards the big kick off. I thought we progressed the ball better tonight and are starting to look more match fit and focussed against a better side. We lacked a bit of sharpness in the final third but got in some good positions in the final third. Without a mistake at the back and with a bit more conviction in our finishing we would have won that but that’s the point of preseason in getting those things sorted out. We are not nearly there yet but positive signs and I thought the young lads did well when they came on which is great to see. Fatawu and Mavididi in particular looked impressive. 

4 minutes ago, kingpower said:

We desperately need a Raul Jimenez type striker in this system. Someone who scores all types of goals, can link up play and makes intelligent runs. Anyone know one? Anyone? 

Nearly choked.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I thought he was our best player. I was worried after seeing him in the previous game, today he looked very good.

Agree, I was impressed and I hope this was his normal level and not the previous game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought he was our best player. I was worried after seeing him in the previous game, today he looked very good.

Looks like he has attributes to be a PL CB.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

Positives to take:

• There’s no way Cooper is starting with a midfield 3 of Winks, Soumare and Ndidi again

• Alves got some more minutes - reinforcing the idea he could be considered part of the first team squad rather than on the fringes.

That’s all I have now.

• Like 2

In a game that lacked creativity it wasn’t encouraging that Cooper gave minimal minutes to young creative players like Alves and Golding and gave way more minutes to the way less creative Hamza, Soumare and Ndidi. Even if Golding and Alves aren’t going to be starters, you would’ve hoped he would be utilising them in a more creative midfield set up until reinforcements arrive.

…..But then this is the guy that brought Ryan Yates into the Premier League.😬