Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Palermo Friendly

Shite to watch but dunno what people are expecting. Palermo left all of the back four on the half way line or deeper, completely nullifying our front three (all poor tonight) and controlled the whole show from there. No point expecting our lot to play as if it’s a cup final. But was a bad watch.

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I couldn't be less enthusiastic about the season and the games so far have done nothing to excite me. 

It's early pre season but we look nothing like a premier league squad. 

I got drunk, the wife stayed out the office because of football sounds, and I blew a wedge on photography equipment that she's going to go mental about - it was a brilliant match.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

It actually annoys me some of the reactions on here.

its a pre season friendly, any ex pro or semi pro will tell you it’s all about getting minutes in the legs, trying different formations etc.

People are writing off the season already because we lost in a training game, this is effectively what they are.

it seems some people will never be happy & actually enjoy having something to moan about.

I think we get that, but at least with the last manager, we could see what he was trying to implement as his system. This just looks like a hot mess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

I think we get that, but at least with the last manager, we could see what he was trying to implement as his system. This just looks like a hot mess. 

Don’t forget he’s new to this team, he will be trying all sorts, I think he’s the sort of manager who will spot the gaps in the squad & make changes if needed, he’s not been shy about saying we may need new faces. Guess time will tell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I will give cooper at least two games before me and the son start chanting for his removal 

You've got more patience than me. Anything less than 3 points against Spurs and he has to go. 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

You've got more patience than me. Anything less than 3 points against Spurs and he has to go. 

I think the complete lack of points since joining the club ought to be enough for any proper fan to be calling for his head.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sbfox said:

The last manager was absolutely wedded to a particular style of play. This had the advantage of enabling the entire squad to focus on a very specific approach. For those of us who enjoyed this style of play, it was great; for those that didn’t enjoy it, it was boring.

Cooper is not wedded to one style of play, but rather is known as being more pragmatic and flexible. Hence he is trying different things rather than drilling the players to play in a specific way. This should please those who hated Maresca’s preferred style and were always moaning about the lack of a ‘plan b’.

Time will tell whether Cooper’s more flexible approach works. Personally I get the feeling that Maresca will be remembered with increasing fondness and nostalgia as the season goes on, but we shall see. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2