Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Palermo Friendly

8 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Don’t forget he’s new to this team, he will be trying all sorts, I think he’s the sort of manager who will spot the gaps in the squad & make changes if needed, he’s not been shy about saying we may need new faces. Guess time will tell.

I understand people giving Cooper the benefit of the doubt, but at this stage we shouldn't be 'trying all sorts'. Looks like he's never seen any of our games (especially Wards). Worried that he's playing Ward as Enzo is going to bid for Mads  and like when Kasper went, Rudkin was clueless as to the consequences.

• Like 3

Not even the stupidest manager on the face of god's green earth would make Danny ward number one choice even if the number two had broken wrist. 

I don't  think for one minute Danny ward will get anywhere near the first team .. 

I would rather pull a retired Carl muggleton out of the crowd and put him in goal 

Edited by em9999

2 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Not even the stupidest manager on the face of god's green earth would make Danny ward number one choice even if the number two had broken wrist. 

I don't  think for one minute Danny ward will get anywhere near the first team .. 

I would rather pull a retired Carl muggleton out of the crowd and put him in goal 

Geoff Peters claimed the other day that the club is willing to let Ward go, but his wages are a stumbling block. The jury is out on Cooper but he’s clearly not stupid - there is precisely zero chance of Ward being our first choice keeper this season. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Saw Carl quite a lot at Grantham Town last season, his son is our captain

8 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Surely if we're pulling keepers out of the stand it needs to be Russell Hoult. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big_Nige said:

I’m really not one to overreact. I like to think I’m quite level headed when it comes to football. Following the Pearson mantra of not getting too high or too low. Yes friendlies are just a fitness exercise, the performance doesn’t overly concern me. We aren’t as well drilled but it’s early days. On the flip side our fitness levels looked high which can be massive, especially at the start of a season

What concerns me is the make up of the squad. It’s 3 weeks till the start of the season and we are so devoid of creativity, and attacking output in the middle of the pitch. We got promoted at the back end of April and over 90 days later our squad is considerably weaker. I get there’s been mitigating factors what with PSR, Maresca leaving, KDH leaving etc, but targets should have been identified and moved for as soon as June ticked over to July and the new accounting period started. To give us the best possible chance to stay up

Yes the window is open for another 5 weeks, but by then the season is well underway. We need to hit the ground running, we have a points deduction hanging over us and every game counts. I just feel we’re massively on the back foot and the squad balance is not right. It’s not actually giving Cooper a chance to implement anything 

Totally agree but this is to be expected given the clueless fcuks running our show. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Positives to take:

• There’s no way Cooper is starting with a midfield 3 of Winks, Soumare and Ndidi again

• Alves got some more minutes - reinforcing the idea he could be considered part of the first team squad rather than on the fringes.

That’s all I have now.

We need two creative centre mids. Those three are all decent but no goal threat.

I was happy to hear Coops acknowledge that post game. Build up was good however in the final third we were as limp as a dying man’s handshake . 

2 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

I’m really not one to overreact. I like to think I’m quite level headed when it comes to football. Following the Pearson mantra of not getting too high or too low. Yes friendlies are just a fitness exercise, the performance doesn’t overly concern me. We aren’t as well drilled but it’s early days. On the flip side our fitness levels looked high which can be massive, especially at the start of a season

What concerns me is the make up of the squad. It’s 3 weeks till the start of the season and we are so devoid of creativity, and attacking output in the middle of the pitch. We got promoted at the back end of April and over 90 days later our squad is considerably weaker. I get there’s been mitigating factors what with PSR, Maresca leaving, KDH leaving etc, but targets should have been identified and moved for as soon as June ticked over to July and the new accounting period started. To give us the best possible chance to stay up

Yes the window is open for another 5 weeks, but by then the season is well underway. We need to hit the ground running, we have a points deduction hanging over us and every game counts. I just feel we’re massively on the back foot and the squad balance is not right. It’s not actually giving Cooper a chance to implement anything 

Have you ever heard of a bloke called Jon Rudkin? 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Why insist on playing the c*nt then?

3/3 pre season games with Ward. Winning is good for morale, and he was absolutely shocking tonight. Should’ve been 2-0 easily. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

The make-up of the squad is clearly a major concern. As it stands, we do not have a squad good enough to survive next season. My one crumb of comfort is that I doubt anybody at the club is under any illusions about this. Cooper’s post-match comments this evening were revealing - he basically admitted that our hopes this season are dependent on which players we’re able to bring in over the next few weeks. Hopefully we’ll see a bit more progress over the next few days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Why insist on playing the c*nt then?

3/3 pre season games with Ward. Winning is good for morale, and he was absolutely shocking tonight. Should’ve been 2-0 easily. 

@Ric Flair mentioned in a different thread that Cooper and his team really seem to rate Ward. I think he's considering him as a challenger for the starting position.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

We need two creative centre mids. Those three are all decent but no goal threat.

I was happy to hear Coops acknowledge that post game. Build up was good however in the final third we were as limp as a dying man’s handshake . 

Alves is one of those.

And I’d argue Mavididi probably needs to be the other main one - so that we’re not relying on him to be defensively disciplined on the wing (he can block a passing lane as a pair in a 4-4-2 defensive shape easily enough, but can he track a marauding fullback?).

Now I was one of probably only one that actually liked what we did against Shrewsbury by having Fawatu on the left, playing close to Mavididi - I feel they could link well together.

Seems Cooper went for the Fawatu + Ndidi link up on the right that worked well last season tonight instead, but it felt awkward, especially when it meant Ndidi essentially playing up front as part of the defensive shape / press

5 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

@Ric Flair mentioned in a different thread that Cooper and his team really seem to rate Ward. I think he's considering him as a challenger for the starting position.

And yet it was reported a few days ago that the club would happily let Ward go if an offer came in.

Just back from the match. Okoli was much more solid today. I thought Kristiansen looked good in his cameo. Need some proper creativity in midfield. Hermansen will have a much lesser

role in build up judging by tonight.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The make-up of the squad is clearly a major concern. As it stands, we do not have a squad good enough to survive next season. My one crumb of comfort is that I doubt anybody at the club is under any illusions about this. Cooper’s post-match comments this evening were revealing - he basically admitted that our hopes this season are dependent on which players we’re able to bring in over the next few weeks. Hopefully we’ll see a bit more progress over the next few days. 

True, I’m 99% certain we’ll address the areas of concern over the coming weeks, whether this is with the right players is another point all together. But it hit home a bit tonight that with the squad we have as of right now it’s gonna be a long hard season 

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

The line of ‘if we can’t players in I won’t complain about it’ massively worries me! He hinting we won’t get people in already?

Maybe he’s just trying to say he’s no Brendan Rodgers…

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

The line of ‘if we can’t players in I won’t complain about it’ massively worries me! He hinting we won’t get people in already?

He’s spent a few weeks with Rudkin and has seen how it works here