Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Palermo Friendly

Did we sign a manager or a politician, he was asked 3 times about a striker and didn’t answer the question , if that’s how he addresses the team then we might be going straight back down . Terrible interview to very simple questions 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Did we sign a manager or a politician, he was asked 3 times about a striker and didn’t answer the question , if that’s how he addresses the team then we might be going straight back down . Terrible interview to very simple questions 

I don't expect the manager to be too open in his answers. Modern managers do have to be something akin to a politician 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

@Ric Flair mentioned in a different thread that Cooper and his team really seem to rate Ward. I think he's considering him as a challenger for the starting position.

I didn’t want Cooper in the first place, but you have to accept what we have. I know it’s only preseason, I know it’s still early days, but **** me I'm not optimistic.

Daka for 80 minutes when Cannon is RIGHT THERE. Ward again when there was Iversen. Strategy wasn’t great tonight either IMO. But I’d give a bollock to be wrong.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

I didn’t want Cooper in the first place, but you have to accept what we have. I know it’s only preseason, I know it’s still early days, but **** me I'm not optimistic.

I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Of course he will speak to the players very differently than he does to the press.

• Like 1

We need a striker. Like, someone who opposition defenders actually are worried about. If nothing else but to be a factor in creating space around him. 

I look at Daka and if I were a defender playing against him, I'd happily let him have all the chances and shots on goals he wants. Never going to score. Complete donkey. 

• Like 2

In fairness to Daka the service was non-existent tonight. We do need another striker, but there was nothing for him to work with.

Soumare didn't do enough.

Winks and Fatawu worked hard.

Fair play to Palermo. They worked hard and were a good team. To say they finished well down Italy's second league, I wasn't really expecting that.

Well done to all who travelled. Was hoping for a bit more...some singing. Not easy when, like where I was sat, there were quite a few Chesterfield fans in to watch.

Well done to Vesty for asking the blokes at the front to move, so the kids could get pictures/autographs. Not that they did. More frustrating that they were Wolves/Spurs fans 🤔🤷

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

The line of ‘if we can’t players in I won’t complain about it’ massively worries me! He hinting we won’t get people in already?

more like, "when the shit hits the fan, dont blame me"

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Three ****ing managers in a row have hinted that this club cannot do the business re: transfers.

We don’t ship out and we’re terrible at getting deals done. Sick and tired of it 

Yeah but Rudkin is a quiet and unassuming character so we should just get on with it!

I’m sure the signings will come before the end of the window, but no doubt some tricky decisions to make. 
Do you wait for your first or second choices in a position or buy your third choice now etc. 

8 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I think he did.

We have Cannon and Daka , but I can't wait for Jamie to get back, he looked so sharp before his knock in France = I want another goal scorer .

• Like 2