Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Palermo Friendly

I like seeing both wingers stay wide and then cut in when they get the ball, Mavididi is too far inside so far, he is far more devastating taking players on in space and diagonally attacking the goal with the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I like seeing both wingers stay wide and then cut in when they get the ball, Mavididi is too far inside so far, he is far more devastating taking players on in space and diagonally attacking the goal with the ball.

Looks a bit like how Johnson used to play inside from the right at Forest, as a sort of support striker rather than a winger.  I suppose if Cooper wants to do that then Mav probably has more confidence to do it than Fats. But I'm not keen on it either.

22 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Check Daggers post and use the 3rd one down. Fatanews I think...

Strongly suggest anyone interested bookmarks Fawanews right now for the season, never known it not deliver since Bert recommended it about a year ago.

• Like 1

The midfield is absolute dog muck, but lets see how it looks when we get some of the young lads on, and then some new recruits. This is a different sort of tedium to last season (Which I did not hate) but was sometimes tedious.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's not playing attacking midfield . This is a Liverpool style 433. 3 workman like midfielders so the full backs can push high. Look how high Justin is getting at times.

On paper it could work with more familiarity, but Liverpool have Robertson and Trent. We have an injury prone Ricardo and a right footed left back. Maybe Kristiansen would improve it.

That workman like midfield plus ineffective fullbacks is why this team looks about as much fun to watch as paint drying.

....aaaaaaand he's back! :appl::D

He's not playing attacking midfield . This is a Liverpool style 433. 3 workman like midfielders so the full backs can push high. Look how high Justin is getting at times.

From what I saw at least the last 20 minutes he was often alongside Daka

On paper it could work with more familiarity, but Liverpool have Robertson and Trent. We have an injury prone Ricardo and a right footed left back. Maybe Kristiansen would improve it.

That workman like midfield plus ineffective fullbacks is why this team looks about as much fun to watch as paint drying.

You'd probably fare better with a front 3 that plays in the same manner as Mane, Firmino, Salah too. Obviously not in quality terms, but two wide forwards and a link up man in the middle.  Mav is coming almost central, Fats isn't really getting any space and like you say you need an attacking fullback to make that work, where Ricardo is staying back.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Cooper’s midfields in the past have all usually offered good defensive work, during his time at Swansea, Grimes and Fulton ranked quite high for tackles and interceptions per90. 

Winks and Soumare won’t give us that, Choudhury isn’t good enough to start regularly, Ndidi is the only one who can give us work like that, yet he isn’t the player he once was

This current midfield would get killed on transition in the Premier League. 

He also seems to be playing up front :ph34r:

Just now, Mark said:

From what I saw at least the last 20 minutes he was often alongside Daka

That's as part of the press yeah. But if you look at the position of the midfield 3 together, they are usually quite close together to hunt in packs. Their job in such a system is to turn the ball over and feed it to the wide players. Winks of the 3 is the one that drops, but the other two have pushed up high to start the press and support Daka at times.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Ricardo played as an inverted full back that half tucking into the back three similar to what Thomas did vs Shrewsbury - the correct side to let Fatwatu be free on the right tbf, happy he's still experimenting Mavididi central.

In the real world:

- Kristianson > Justin

- Justin > Ricardo

- Ricardo > Soumare

- Vardy > Daka

- literally anyone > Ndidi