Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Palermo Friendly

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

We really lack players who make a difference. There’s no Mahrez, Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans even a KDH type player. Fatawu has potential but doesn’t do it often enough yet.

I’m fed up of seeing Ndidi playing attacking midfield, should have been let go.

I don’t think Ndidi is the answer…. too old and too unfit… should have bought someone younger.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

but the other two have pushed up high to start the press and support Daka at times.

The explains why nothings happening then, you need some quality in the middle and we've got nothing with Ndidi and Soumare, it's worse than Mendidi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mark said:

The explains why nothings happening then, you need some quality in the middle and we've got nothing with Ndidi and Soumare, it's worse than Mendidi.

Good thing the transfer window is open then :thumbup:

Just now, JimJams said:

You'd probably fare better with a front 3 that plays in the same manner as Mane, Firmino, Salah too. Obviously not in quality terms, but two wide forwards and a link up man in the middle.  Mav is coming almost central, Fats isn't really getting any space and like you say you need an attacking fullback to make that work, where Ricardo is staying back.

To be fair, this is preseason, many players don't even have a full 90 minutes in their legs yet. Many basic passes going astray. A 433 can absolutely work! It's just that I feel we aren't getting the best out of certain players in this style, which was proven last season.

This is an Italian Serie B team. We have the better players and team. In my mind we should dicatate and attack the game, but this setup feels more like playing say against Bournemouth where it's a bit more 50/50.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Strongly suggest anyone interested bookmarks Fawanews right now for the season, never known it not deliver since Bert recommended it about a year ago.

I'm sat in Haven during the pirate show for the kids, and all that link delivered for me was tits. Missus was not impressed  🤣

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

So far this looks like almost the same players, but a massively worse tactical setup from last season. Because Ricardo is not inverting:

• Can't control the game as much because possesion is more evenly spread.
  • Mads can't push up as an auxilary centreback to get invovled in the build-up, one of his strongest attributes
  • We can't make as many chances because we don't have a spare man to find to allow the 8's to drift between the lines
  • We aren't able to shift Palermo from one side to the other so our wingers are 1v1 against a defender.

It improved a lot after 30 minutes, but for me this is just a worse version of the tactics from last season!

I can only hope he's 'trying out' a system to play in certain games - it seems very chaotic and disjointed, and again he seems to have chosen an odd line-up to play it.

I definitely felt more confident playing the way we set up against shrewsbury.

• Like 2

Just now, Mark said:

Yep I agree!

We have to bring in a CAM with some forward / creative quality. KDH had 12 goals 14 assists last season!

2 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Glad we aren’t losing our shit over a friendly for a change.

Hopefully it doesn't come across like that. Honestly it's "fine". In fact it feels like a pre-season friendly in every sense of the word.

But I would say that this time last season, some games with Maresca in charge looked quite exciting, seeing the clear patterns of play. Today it feels more like "hopeful cross into the box".

With Enzo we got pumped 4-0 by Liverpool, but in the first 20 looked amazing. And we took those patterns of play and style into the season a few weeks later when it started.

Edited by StriderHiryu

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

We really lack players who make a difference. There’s no Mahrez, Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans even a KDH type player. Fatawu has potential but doesn’t do it often enough yet.

I’m fed up of seeing Ndidi playing attacking midfield, should have been let go.

Judging by the players we’ve been strongly linked with, it looks like the club is aware of this at least. Whether they can remedy it or not, I have no idea!

Fully agree on Ndidi though. Our fan base live in the past with him. Not good enough anymore.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hopefully it doesn't come across like that. Honestly it's "fine". In fact it feels like a pre-season friendly in every sense of the word.

But I would say that this time last season, some games with Maresca in charge looked quite exciting, seeing the clear patterns of play. Today it feels more like "hopeful cross into the box".

With Enzo we got pumped 4-0 by Liverpool, but in the first 20 looked amazing. And we took those patterns of play and style into the season a few weeks later when it started.

Wasn’t really directed at you but some on here really do look like they are getting stressed by it lol

I think the difference with me, I’m already absolutely convinced this season is a shower of shit so I’m struggling to care.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ward on for Hermansen

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jeez why is he putting him got to be someone else even cooper himself would be a better option